Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How many days of prelabor did you have? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1390805)

jamilynn84 05-07-2012 02:11 PM

How many days of prelabor did you have?

I'm going on 6 days & nights of nausea and stope me in my tracks-wake me up at night painful but short contractions. With my last I had 11 days, but no nausea. How long did it last for you?

Apologizing in advance for iPhone typos/autocorrect

bumminbeachbabe 05-07-2012 04:54 PM

I had prodromal labor for weeks. The contractions never let up. I was so relieved when my cervix really started to open up because I was exhausted by that point.

L&A'smommy 05-07-2012 05:20 PM

Re: How many days of prelabor did you have?

5 days of all day all night no sleep. It was ROUGH. The day I delivered I was so exhausted that I got the epi and slept for 6 hours with the epi.

Michelle_M 05-07-2012 05:43 PM

With my second son, about 3 days... only I didn't realize I was in the early stages of pre-labor. My water broke, and when I talked to my midwife she said "You were in early labor all weekend and didn't even know it girl!"

With DS3, I only really remember one or two days. Guess I was just lucky.

God bless!

heidisue 05-07-2012 05:49 PM

weeks, lol. just under 3 weeks with my second - waking up every night and it would last for about 4-5 hours, but never "regular". Only about a week and a half with my first (that strong at least)

babylove921 05-07-2012 06:08 PM

I'm going on a week and a half...I have cramps that make me think my uterus is falling out, contractions 2-12 hours in duration, normally 2-6 minutes apart..its exhausting, its annoying, its painful, and generally confusing.. but nothing I've done will help.

seacat 05-07-2012 06:10 PM

Two of the longest weeks of my life. Just awful. Every night light clock work and then every morning it would shut off about 4 a.m. super annoying. I gave up a couple of times towards the end and would have a half of a beer or glass of wine to try and get some sleep.

emmehkay 05-08-2012 07:13 AM

With my last two, it was about two and a half weeks. They were regular, strong, and would get progressively closer together. Then around 2-3 min apart they would suddenly slow down and stop. All the normal tricks wouldn't stop them. It was a good thing we lived close to a hospital, I wouldn't make the call until they were 1-2 min apart.

Nerissa 05-08-2012 07:19 AM

None. Didnt' even realize I was in labor (thought they were mild cramps that didn't really bother ma) until I walked in for a Doctor appointment and my water broke in the hallway. DS2 was born less than 10 min later.

Same with DS1 except I had a high leak, no contractions I could feel but walked into an appointment and was 4cm dialated and leaking pretty good. He was born that night.

crunch!910 05-08-2012 07:41 AM

What do you consider "pre-labor"? I went into labor Monday at 4am labored until noon on Thursday. I labored at home until Wednesday about 8pm before going to hospital where I was admitted at 2cm, progressed to 3cm by midnight, but by noon the next day was stuck at 5cm so that's when a csection was needed. It was real labor, not just false labor. The contractions were very, very painful, and I was having pain inbetween contractions too. Even nubain that Wednesday night hardly took the edge off. My body was truly in real labor, but just wouldn't dilate. :(