Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Daily Chat Threads (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=185)
-   -   Basically it's Tuesday!!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391079)

~whitehologram~ 05-08-2012 12:47 AM

Basically it's Tuesday!!!

~whitehologram~ 05-08-2012 12:48 AM

Re: Basically it's Tuesday!!!

I'm miserable today. My throat is so sore, I cant swallow and dont want to talk at all.

mom2sadieandbean 05-08-2012 01:03 AM

Sorry you are not feeling well still Janine. It sounds like you have something really nasty if the abx aren't helping. This isn't your first round of this stuff this winter either, if I remember right.

Just got home from work and need to get some sleep. Sadie and I have to be back out the door in 7-1/2 hours!

~whitehologram~ 05-08-2012 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mom2sadieandbean (Post 15064019)
Sorry you are not feeling well still Janine. It sounds like you have something really nasty if the abx aren't helping. This isn't your first round of this stuff this winter either, if I remember right.

Just got home from work and need to get some sleep. Sadie and I have to be back out the door in 7-1/2 hours!

Sleep well Cecilia.

They claim the ABX are helping. The swap says it's a Staphylococcal infection which should be sorted out with Penicillin but I'm still in pain. I've been referred to a hospital to have my tonsils removed.

jacksmommy1 05-08-2012 03:10 AM

:hugs: Janine. I hope you heal qickly

~whitehologram~ 05-08-2012 03:29 AM

Ok, it seems I'm going to have my tonsils removed on Monday morning.

I have to go in for blood tests and the usual talks on Friday morning and either go in on Sunday night or Monday morning depending on when my surgery is booked.

I dont think my boss is going to be very happy. Heiner is going to have to stay home from Friday too because I wont be home in time to pick the kids up on Friday.

They said I'll have to stay in hospital for a week and be off work for a week after that too.

yaylucy 05-08-2012 05:48 AM

I hope you can get something for the pain and the swelling until then, because to me it seems outrageous that you are to wait a week in this kind of pain...
I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Courthouse is closed today for voting, so I am supposed to be working from home. Which just means I will spend all day with my extremely slow scanner. One more week until I get paid...my first paycheck since coming back to work.

jacksmommy1 05-08-2012 05:53 AM

oh pay checks how i miss thee lol. Janine that was fast getting u in for surgery. I can't believe you have to stay a week...here its a one day surgery.

jwjbbrown 05-08-2012 06:16 AM

Well sine that is staph and it is often resistant to penicillin it often calls for a bigger drug. That is what happened with my strep. Thankfully mine was knocked out with the next drug.

That is suck to get you in in a week. Seems like adults sometimes stay a day in the hosptial here but not a week. Wow..a week in the hospital would make me nuts

How often do you get paid Lucy?

maman08 05-08-2012 06:34 AM

Janine, :hugs: That definitely sucks that you have to have surgery, but at this point it sounds better than staying sick!

On a completely unrelated note, I finally decided to bite the bullet and get some of my pfs (of which I have too many!) converted to Tinkle Traps. I have 6 of the premium size and love them, they're the first thing I use on N and the only dipes that DH likes for older babies. I have waaaaay too many pfs as it is and it's not worth it to sell them on FSOT, so I'm getting 1 dozen each infant and premium converted. Since I really have no reason to buy any new dipes for baby #3, it'll be nice to have some fluff mail to look forward to. :mrgreen: