Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   HighRisk Mama Check in 5/8-5/14 (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391410)

GracieMak'sMama 05-08-2012 04:56 PM

HighRisk Mama Check in 5/8-5/14

Since there a few high-risk mamas in this DDC, I figured it would be nice to have a weekly check-in. That way we can keep each other posted on our progress and get support when things get tough(or even if they just SEEM tough in a hormonal moment)

If you would like to join, fill out the “form” below

Name:
What makes you high risk:
How many children do you have:
Anything else you would like to share:
Next Appt.:

I will post this check in every Tuesday morning , i can't wait to "meet" all of you

I forgot to add this in last-weeks check in, but, don’t forget to udate us when you have an appt coming up and how the appt goes so we can all send love,prayer and thoughts your way 

QOW(question of the week): What are you looking forward to most with this baby? (it can be anything, getting past a previous milestone, seeing the baby born, getting over certain aversions, anything!)

Members:

Name: Christin
How many children do you have: I have two living children, 1 Angelbaby, and my little pumpkin due Oct. 13th but will be delivered sooner.
What makes you high risk? My first was a stillbirth (36w4d) due to partial placental abruption basically a blood clot formed between the uterus and the placenta. I also have hypothyroidism. I have lost 20 lbs this pregnancy. I am not small but still that kind of weight loss is not good. I am also being tested for some liver complications but will not have the results tilll maybe next week
Anything else you want to share: I am super anxious and will panic with just little things. It has been so hard to relax. I am so excited that I have a group to share my concerns with. I hope we all deliver healthy babies! I am excited to be able to check on everyone and see how every is coping.

Name: Jessica
What makes you high risk: Up until 15 weeks we were high risk due to the large subchorionic hemorrhage, but that resolved (yay!). Now we're somewhat high risk because the baby has bilateral club feet and a curve in his spine. I'm guessing the curve is congenital scoliosis, but no one has really explained that. So with both of those things, the MFM is concerned that there may be other complications.
How many children do you have: This is our first!
Anything else you would like to share: The MFM strongly recommended an amniocentesis to see if the little guy has any chromosomal anomalies that may have contributed to the feet and spine. We feel that the amnio is a pretty risky procedure and we want our baby no matter what. I would love to know for sure if he does have a syndrome so that we can be prepared, but I know even the amnio can miss things. I'm open to doing the penta screen (blood test to tell risk for chromosomal anomalies and open neural tube defects), but MFM says he wants the amnio even if the penta screen is negative. So I'm going on the 16th for a level 2 ultrasound of his heart (no problems there so far) and if he has any heart anomalies we'll reconsider the amnio. And hopefully someone can give me some more information about his spine and possible treatment

Name:Sara
What makes you high risk: I am type 1 diabetic and that puts me at risk for large babies, spinal and heart defects and a higher chance of still birth.
How many children do you have: 1 DD, Grace (2) and this little man due Oct 9th
Anything else you would like to share: My DD was healthy and perfect but her labor and birth were just aweful. My goal this time a round is to have a more peaceful delivery and overall experience.

Name: Joni
What makes you high risk: Im pregnant with Monochorionic twins.
How many children do you have: 2 already. KayLeigh is 8 and Kaleb is 6.
Anything else you would like to share: I, too, am very anxious and nervous about this pregnancy. There are so many things that can go wrong and have heard several times "You still arent out of the woods yet". I just want to have a normal pregnancy, which I have never been able to have b/c with the other two kids, I had Hyperemesis

Name: Jeanette
What makes you high risk: Preterm labor with my first started at 31 weeks, delivered at 34.
How many children do you have: 1 - M (dd almost four)
Anything else you would like to share: I'm incredibly scared too. I start my 17p shots tomorrow

Name: Dawn
What makes you high risk: My first was born at 32 weeks due to pPROM
How many children do you have: 2 - DS was my 32 weeker and spent 5 weeks in the NICU after birth. He's 4 years old now. DD was full term at 38.5 weeks. She's turning 2 this month.
Anything else you'd like to share: With my last pregnancy, I was monitored closely by MFM (cervical ultrasounds every two weeks), and did the 17p shots from weeks 18-36. My dd was born full term, so I'm going to do the same thing for this pregnancy and hope it works again. The one scary thing is that both my labors began with PROM. Contractions did not start until AFTER my water broke. Like the rest of you, I won't be able to breathe a sigh of relief until I have my babe in my arms!

sillyutalktome 05-10-2012 09:17 AM

Re: HighRisk Mama Check in 5/8-5/14

Had my 2nd 17P shot yesterday. It was pretty rough. I spent the rest of the day exhausted with a headache and nauseous with some intestinal yucky too. Seems I get all the possible side effects. 18 weeks! One week closer.

bcollins 05-10-2012 08:03 PM

Name: Brittany
What makes you high risk: 2x preemie mama. 1st daughter born 36 weeks due to prom 2nd daughter born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and PreE followed by a 6 week nicu stay.
How many children do you have: 2 girls
Anything else you would like to share: Im scared to death!
Next Appt.: in 3 weeks <3

GracieMak'sMama 05-10-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyutalktome (Post 15075822)
Had my 2nd 17P shot yesterday. It was pretty rough. I spent the rest of the day exhausted with a headache and nauseous with some intestinal yucky too. Seems I get all the possible side effects. 18 weeks! One week closer.

:hugs:

Maybe your system has to get used to it and it will get better?? Im sorry J.:hugs:

Gardyloo 05-10-2012 11:09 PM

Welcome Brittany! And :hugs: It must be scary when your babies keep getting earlier and earlier. Do your doctors have a plan of action to keep this LO cooking?

I start my 17P shots next week. Hopefully, my side effects aren't as bad as yours, Jeanette! :hugs: That sounds miserable! My biggest problem with them last time was soreness at the injection site. It was so bad sometimes that it kept me awake at night!

I had my appt with MFM this week. My cervix looks great - long (4cm) and closed. :thumbsup: We, also, got to clearly see that we are having a little boy! :lostit: Other things of note: I have an anterior placenta, which explains why I haven't felt any movement yet. Also, they noticed that the little guy has bilateral choroid plexus cysts, which are considered a soft marker for trisomy 18. However, I had the MaterniT21 test done last month, which came back negative for T13, 18, and 21. Peri said that the cysts appear in about 5% of healthy fetuses, so nothing to worry about, in her opinion. Let's hope not! I don't really need more things to worry about. I'm not going back for another cervical check until the first week of June.

QOTW: Feeling movement! I'd felt movement by this point with both my other babies. This anterior placenta thing is taking some of the joy out of my pregnancy. Feeling the baby move is one of the greatest things about being pregnant, IMO!

sillyutalktome 05-11-2012 11:50 AM

Welcome Brittany! I was wondering the same as Dawn, what is your doctor's plan this time? Hoping we all get those full term babies!

Dawn - I can't believe my symptoms. I seriously get all the "normal" ones listed! It's crazy. I hope it isn't sore for you. My first one was and I couldn't sleep on that side, but this one wasn't.

QOTW - I'm really not sure. Maybe finding baby's name? I am so excited about everything. Definitely getting my last 17P shot is on my lsit :)