Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   DD accidentally hit me in the belly :( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1391504)

erlyjo 05-08-2012 09:11 PM

DD accidentally hit me in the belly :(

I'm 22 weeks, and DD accidentally hit me pretty hard in the belly as she was jumping down from on top the dryer. I worry about the possibility of placenta abruption, but I don't know how hard she would have to hit to cause that. Should I worry? Should I call the doc tomorrow? My stomach hurts, but I've also been sick today, so I don't know...

KB'sMama1031 05-08-2012 09:12 PM

Re: DD accidentally hit me in the belly :(

are you having any cramping since then?

bigmamakelsey 05-08-2012 09:13 PM

It's scary, but most likely nothing. They are very padded in there. If you have any cramping or bleeding I'd call your care provider, but otherwise, wouldn't worry:)

erlyjo 05-08-2012 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB'sMama1031
are you having any cramping since then?

No, just stomach pains, but like I said, I've been sick to my stomach all day.

stevensmom 05-08-2012 09:15 PM

I would call your hcp tomorrow to ease your mind. As long as you can still feel baby moving around try not to stress out too much.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

erlyjo 05-08-2012 09:15 PM

I think I'm most worried because I have a high anterior placenta, right where she got me. :(

mibarra 05-08-2012 09:57 PM

In your stomach, or lower in your pelvic area? Has she done it before? Do you think you would be sore if you weren't pregnant? DD1 got in a lot of good shots while 8 was pregnant with DD2, but it didn't cause us any issues. But when in doubt, call the doc! ;)

slimy72 05-08-2012 10:07 PM

DDC, if you are in doubt, call! Always, that's what you pay them for to monitor and make sure you are fine. BUT with that said, I kind of doubt that could have caused major problems. I got the living daylights beat out of me by a ram when I was 8 months pregnant (think 450 lb sheep trying to kill me). I was on the ground and he just kept hitting me until the dog pulled him off. I was beat up, but baby was fine. I was also in a wreck at 20 weeks and my dog (who I didn't know at the time I should have had restrained), flew into the dash and back into my abdomen right as I slammed forward into the dash. I hurt for two weeks or more from that. I did even end up having contractions and had to go into L & D for monitoring. But again all was well and baby was fine. I always call just to put my mind at ease, and I probably annoy the heck out of my hcp but oh well. All that to say, I sure hope you are fine, and don't worry.

psylion 05-09-2012 07:17 AM

My DD did this to me before I knew for sure I was pregnant. She did bruise my innards and it hurt for a long time, but both babes were totally fine. The doctor says it generally takes something like a motor vehicle accident to cause problems. I would call for your own piece of mind though.

Almacham 05-09-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigmamakelsey
It's scary, but most likely nothing. They are very padded in there. If you have any cramping or bleeding I'd call your care provider, but otherwise, wouldn't worry:)

I agree. :)