Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Traditional Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=221)
-   -   Gay or Lesbian Family? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1392002)

boy_and_baby_make_4 05-09-2012 11:44 PM

Gay or Lesbian Family?

Any other members out there?

skolbut 05-09-2012 11:54 PM

Re: Gay or Lesbian Family?

I'm not but I'm in a mom's group with two different two-mom families. You're not alone!!

boy_and_baby_make_4 05-10-2012 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skolbut
I'm not but I'm in a mom's group with two different two-mom families. You're not alone!!

What state are you in? Are they bio babies from previous relationships or donor sperm babies?

carriek38 05-10-2012 07:46 AM

There are a few lesbian single moms here, a few lesbian couples where both partners (or spouses, depending on where they are) are members, & a few lesbians who are partnered, but the SO isn't necessarily on DS. Just for clarification, I'm using the term "lesbian" loosely to identify women who are currently in a same-sex relationship &/or women who are predominantly seeking a s-s relationship; there's also been at least one couple on here where one partner was trans, I think. Some have donor babies, some have babies from previous/other relationships; there doesn't seem to be much uniformity to that. I find DS to generally be a pretty supportive/accepting place, even though there are a large number of members who are pretty much conservative/traditional in their own lives.

I do, however, find that the number of LGBTQ members is way below that magic 10%...I'm not sure why that is, though. As a matter of fact, DP & I know quite a few CDing LGBT-led families, but none of them are on here (or any of the other CDing sites, AFAIK). Most of the people we know who CD IRL are lesbian-led families...the proportion on DS seems to be almost inverse to what I've experienced IRL.

justsamma 05-10-2012 08:12 PM

/waves!
We aren't mamas yet, but we are working on it. =)

boy_and_baby_make_4 05-11-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justsamma
/waves!
We aren't mamas yet, but we are working on it. =)

That's great! I am an instamom. My partner had our son from a previous relationship and we are going to start trying in July! I will be carrying this go 'round.

You guys actively trying or planning?

justsamma 05-11-2012 07:44 PM

we just have to make the calls & get started.
active trying will probably start in 6-8 weeks.

carriek38 05-11-2012 07:48 PM

GL to both of you! DP carried DD & I started TTC in Feb. After some bumps in the road, I'm taking a break & anticipate trying again August-ish.

leeuhhh 05-11-2012 08:19 PM

Hi there! I'm single, co parenting with my ex right now and we still live together. We basically function as roommates. A little strange, but it's working for us as we transition out of our relationship.

ruvalokiteshvara 05-11-2012 08:25 PM

:wave:

DW are both on here. You can find her UN in my siggy. We have one son - 5.5yo - no longer in dipes... She carried him, he is ours from a known donor - my best friend from university.