Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Homebirth mama's check in? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1393081)

Sageac 05-12-2012 03:51 PM

Homebirth mama's check in?

Hi,
I wonder if I am the only one on this thread hoping to have a home-birth? I am doubtful, cause there are many mamas here, so statistically there should be a few of us. I wonder about how *you* do it... :):giggle:

Get-to-know-you questions:
How many births have you had?
How many (if any) were at home? Or, is this your first planned homebirth?
Planning a water birth? Hypnobirth? other comfort methods?
Midwife? CNM? CPM? UC?
Doula? other support?
Vaccine/testing?
What homebirth kit/supplies will you use?
What diaper will you use first? Will you EC?

Sageac 05-13-2012 06:07 PM

Re: Homebirth mama's check in?

no one? seriously?

GooseBella 05-14-2012 10:18 AM

I don't know if you are on the facebook group but there are a few home birth mommas over there.
https://www.facebook.com/events/3176...5593342554238/

I posted your thread over there so maybe you'll get some fellow mommas. :)

StarryEyedSurprise 05-14-2012 10:28 AM

I won't be having a home birth this time since my husband isn't comfortable with the idea. I'll be going to a birthing center instead. my last birth tho was an unassisted home birth and was super awesome.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum.

sheenashine 05-14-2012 10:35 AM

I'm planning my first home birth :D Yey!!! I'll be back in a bit to answer the questions...

sheenashine 05-14-2012 01:02 PM

Okay, here we go...

Get-to-know-you questions:
How many births have you had? This will be my 4th baby.
How many (if any) were at home? Or, is this your first planned homebirth? This is my first home birth. :)
Planning a water birth? Hypnobirth? other comfort methods? I *may* do a water birth, I think my MW has a horse trough she can lend out... but I'm not really set on anything just yet.
Midwife? CNM? CPM? UC? Midwife
Doula? other support? Just my hubby :wub: I've learned thought my last two losses that I really am a very private person- I think I would love to do an UA birth, and maybe if I already had a HB under my belt I would be planning one of those this time... I probably won't even call my MW over until the very end.
However, I have a friend who is training to be a doula and she also does photography who has generously offered to photograph my birth for free.

Vaccine/testing? No. And depends on the test, I haven't looked into them all yet- but I'm not really big into that sort of thing anyway... and my pediatrician is a super awesome, crunchy, laid back woman whom I trust a lot- so I'll want to get her opinion before I decide.
What homebirth kit/supplies will you use? .... I suddenly feel very ill prepared. Do I need a "kit"? Lol!
What diaper will you use first? Will you EC? I'll be doing a combination of fitteds and PFs. I found my last DD did MUCH better with only natural fibers so I'm going to start with just that and see how it goes.

Sageac 05-14-2012 07:11 PM

Awesome!

AFM:
How many births have you had? This is my Third... (the question sounds awkward to me, and couldn't figure out how to word it....

How many (if any) were at home? Or, is this your first planned homebirth? !st was birthcenter water-birth. Second was UC at home, tho it was too cold for the outdoor pool I had prepared...

Planning a water birth? Hypnobirth? other comfort methods? If I am in a place with a bathtub I will probably do that. I usually handle it pretty well.

Midwife? CNM? CPM? UC? undecided. If i am in WV I will probably go with a midwife to "watch" and leave me be... for legal reasons.

Doula? other support?
I have a very good friend that has been a doula for 20 years or so and has yet to make it to one of my births, but if it works out, she'll be with me for this one.

Vaccine/testing?
Again, depend upon location, I don't mind doing the PKU testing.

What homebirth kit/supplies will you use? still looking and partially I posted this thread to find ideas...

What diaper will you use first? Will you EC? Usually use handmade covers and cottong flats at first with a combo of flats and EC. Might even try to catch the "first pee" this time, if I feel up to it... lol.

Hope there are more to come. :)

spencerrn 05-18-2012 07:23 AM

How many births have you had?

This is birth #7

How many (if any) were at home? Or, is this your first planned homebirth?

#1 was in the hospital, induction with epidural, #2 was a homebirth frank breech. #3-6 were all homebirths.

Planning a water birth? Hypnobirth? other comfort methods?
I have labored in the water for all of my home births but only #3 and #6 were actually born in the water. In the past, I have done Bradley classes and hypnobirthing Cds. I will probably refresh the hypnobirthing Cds but honestly I didn't really feel like it made a big difference in my coping abilities.

Midwife? CNM? CPM? UC?
#2, #3 were with CPMs, #4-#6 were with CNMs, #7 will be with CPM. I prefer a CNM but the ones I did with CPMs there were no CNMs available in the area.

Doula? other support?

I will be using a doula this time around. I have never used a paid doula in the past. I have always had experienced friends around but we are new to the area.

Vaccine/testing?

we do delayed vaccines and we do do the newborn screen. No vitamin K unless needed due to excessive bruising.

What homebirth kit/supplies will you use?
I always buy the kit the midwife requests.

What diaper will you use first? Will you EC?
I will probably use disposables until we are out of the meconium poos and then FB,BG. No EC here.

rosiewik 05-20-2012 08:34 PM

This is my first Oct. 2012 birth group post-so Welcome to me! :D
how many births have you had? One
How many (if any) were at home? Or, is this your first planned homebirth? My daughter was born in a stand alone birth center in water. Essentially, my midwife's house. I'm planning this birth at home!
Planning a water birth? Hypnobirth? other comfort methods? I'm planning another water birth, and hypno-curious.
Midwife? CNM? CPM? UC? CNM, LPM team.
Doula? other support? Doula from my last birth.
Vaccine/testing? Not at birth.
What homebirth kit/supplies will you use? Standards my midwives requested.
What diaper will you use first? Will you EC? No plans to EC. We ordered some Alva newborns and tiny crunch. :)

Sageac 05-20-2012 08:40 PM

Ok ladies... when you find out, let me know which birth kits your midwives tell you to order and maybe whats in it... I am curious about what diff midwives ask for... :)