Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Tell me I'm not being stupid (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1394596)

kymdenise 05-16-2012 10:19 AM

Tell me I'm not being stupid

I posted on a more intimate board, and the girls there seemed to think it wasn't a great idea.. buuuuut...

I'm thinking I'm going to bring up the changing table and bassinet into our room today. We are starting some construction, so they need to come out of the room they are in. I also have diapers scattered everywhere, so I thought if I were to put that stuff up now, and then get the diapers 'put away' it would kinda kill a few birds with one stone.

That said, I'm only 19 weeks. I feel baby move every day, and although you can never know what might happen, right now baby is growing and moving.. Is it dumb to be setting stuff up?

tmunky 05-16-2012 10:38 AM

Re: Tell me I'm not being stupid

No one knows your body better than you do. Go ahead and put things together, but be smart about it. If it hurts, stop.

kymdenise 05-16-2012 10:40 AM

I didn't even think about physical stress.. Actually it was more about is it just too early to be setting up for baby.. :blush: Nothing I would do today would be too strenuous. Thank you so much for thinking of that mama. :hugs:

kymdenise 05-16-2012 10:40 AM

I didn't even think about physical stress.. Actually it was more about is it just too early to be setting up for baby.. :blush: Nothing I would do today would be too strenuous. Thank you so much for thinking of that mama. :hugs:

Elijah'sMama 05-16-2012 10:44 AM

thats not dumb at all, i moved my toddler son out off the crib over a month ago in preperation for our baby that not due til October lol. never hurts to be prepared early :) less to stress about in the last few months i think.

HeatherlovesCDs 05-16-2012 10:59 AM

Not silly. I can't believe people told you that. :rolleyes:

Have fun!!!!

hhilgen2 05-16-2012 11:18 AM

Do it :D I felt so much better once I'd started getting stuff prepared for LO...even though it was months in advance!

Erinjm 05-16-2012 11:23 AM

I have to rearrange two kids and swap rooms, etc before my baby is due in December. I am planning now because I know once #3 is here I won't have time to do it then! And, I want my first two kiddo rearranged well before so it is one less change for them in December. I also work full time and have diapers to launder! I was more hesitant the first time around, but this time I broke my own rules about buying stuff and planning. I want to get as much out of the way so I can relax later :)

kymdenise 05-16-2012 11:33 AM

Thanks you guys. I just felt like I was getting that ominous "you're jinxing yourself" warning from them.. I probably just should have said "I'm doing this today! Yaay!".

I can be so insecure..

Terra76 05-16-2012 01:19 PM

Go for it!! Under those circumstances, I total would! Why the heck not? Some people are so silly!! oh and you know we want pics when it is is set up right?