Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   This is more a ? of advertising (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395)

CMamma 04-26-2006 06:32 AM

This is more a ? of advertising

Is there an estimate/guestimate of how many impressions last how long? Like does one package last days, weeks, months? TIA.

MamaJo 04-26-2006 09:19 AM

Re: This is more a ? of advertising

It just depends on how many banners there are to share the time, the more banners, the less each of them shows in a given time.

Advertisers do have the option to put limitations on banners though. I have a lot of work to do on the advertising page so the options aren't there yet. Without checking, I can't remember if you're advertising with us right now....but if you are, or thinking about, feel free to PM me :)

Ms.Doula 04-26-2006 03:41 PM

Me too.... Im thinking out loud...

Id like to advertise. Im just thinkging of wich pkg to choose..... Im just starting out & $$$ is tight ;)

MamaJo 04-26-2006 03:49 PM

You could always start out with one of the smaller options to test the waters :D

I do know the average number of adviews (impressions) that each banner above gets, but with the site being new, and more banners being added, it may not be all that accurate. To run in the rotation without any delivery limitations, ads average about 3000 a day. I don't know the stats yet when limits are applied....like allowing a user to view an ad only x number of times, or limiting it to show x number of times each day.

Ms.Doula 04-26-2006 04:29 PM

and about the 2 diff. banner ads avail....?? I dont have one made yet. Id have to get tht done.
Wich is most common.. Or can I see examples somewhere of the difference between the 2. ??

Ms.Doula 04-26-2006 04:30 PM

Are those the 2 different ones on top of the page?? The big one for 20.00 a mo. & the lil button size one for 5??

MamaJo 04-26-2006 07:34 PM

Yes, the two at the top are the standard sizes. The long one is 468x60 (the first 3 options for advertising) and the one on the right is 120x60 (next three options). These are based on impressions rather than a period of time, like a month. You can make them last about a month by limiting it to 1000 impressions per day, but this also will limit how many clicks you get in one day ;)

The third option for advertising is also 120x60 but its not rotated with any other banners, it has unlimited impressions for 30 days.

cookiepants 04-28-2006 03:20 PM

I was just coming to ask this. I'll PM you jo, thanks!