Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Vbac (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=225)
-   -   lost my hbac.....:-( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395124)

fluffybunsdiapers 05-17-2012 11:19 AM

lost my hbac.....:-(

Due to politics right now I can't have an hbac and have to transfer my care and vbac in a hospital. Why do these people care so much where I deliver my baby...........I'm heart broken

HeatherlovesCDs 05-17-2012 01:08 PM

Re: lost my hbac.....:-(

:hugs:

sunyflwr 05-21-2012 12:04 PM

Hugs mama. So sorry. If it is any encouragement at all, my hossy VBAC was AMAZING. So amazing, in fact, that I wish I could do it again immediately!! Hopefully you will be able to say the same after your LO is born.

fluffybunsdiapers 05-21-2012 12:23 PM

Thanks mamas, I'm doing a little better now, it was just devistating news, but I have a great support team, so hopefully it will work our wonderfully and they won't call me the crazy lady...lol

Anna0623 07-09-2012 05:17 PM

So sorry to hear this hope it all works out for you!

momto2princesses 07-10-2012 05:30 PM

Hang in there. Are you really out of options? I've found that if you're willing to look "underground" you can usually find someone willing to help you out. Just because your state may not allow them to be licensed, doesn't necessarily mean that they aren't well qualified and experienced.

I had a HBAC 2 1/2 years ago and am planning another HBAC this time around, and I've had to do a lot more searching this time since we will be moving to another state before this baby is born.

Even if you really can't find someone to take on a HBAC, you can still have a great hospital VBAC!

fluffybunsdiapers 07-16-2012 11:50 AM

There really aren't any mw that will do a first time vbac underground-I have looked-my next one (assuming this vbac is successful) I can have a homebirth......so I am holding out for that one-and already know I am going to be "that woman" at the hospital but all well I'm okay with being different-its what I want for my child

RosieL 07-16-2012 07:54 PM

Good luck mama. Be "that woman" all you want. You deserve the birth you want and hopefully the staff will have the good sense to respect your wishes!

May I ask what is forcing you into the hospital? I'm watching the politics in Maryland closely...hoping for an HBAC myself in a couple years.

fluffybunsdiapers 07-24-2012 06:54 PM

The medical board is trying to take away legal hbmw, so they are only doing very low risk hb right now to try and keep hb legal

ColinsMommy013009 08-08-2012 07:57 PM

Hugs mama! Can you afford a doula? Will the hospital allow one? Best wishes and good luck for a successful VBAC!