Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Apparently I've been doing it wrong (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1395785)

blackberry75 05-18-2012 06:53 PM

Apparently I've been doing it wrong

I just pumped 4oz!!! With this and my other pumping sessions today, I've got 7oz in one day! I know to some of you that doesn't sound like a lot, but I struggle to get 6oz over multiple sessions on a good day.

I've been doing compressions and massage that my LC showed me while pumping, but it just seemed like a waste of time, I've never gotten more than when I wasn't doing that. On a whim I googled videos and tried some new techniques that led to two extra ounces this pump session. My tatas feel like they've been put through the ringer, but it's so worth it. Hopefully this will lead to better nursing/pumping session and increase my woefully low supply. Maybe this will mean Bean won't have to nurse every 2h 24h a day on my days off-I could actually get some sleep or plan an outing or get some sleep or go grocery shopping by myself or get some sleep(that's not a typo, I'm that tired). I shouldn't get to excited though, it could be a fluke.

TaraB 05-18-2012 07:15 PM

Re: Apparently I've been doing it wrong

congrats!!!! I totally get why this is so big. Been there. I really had some nice results with Goats Rue this time.

blackberry75 05-18-2012 07:29 PM

I've been using Fenugreek, blessed thistle and More Milk tea w/ no improvement. Is the Goat's Rue hard to find?

themamageek 05-18-2012 07:58 PM

That's fantastic!

ikitakunai 05-20-2012 08:09 AM

Good job! :) That's always such a good feeling to see "all that" milk. :)

Nerissa 05-20-2012 10:15 AM

That is awsome. Way to go. I clearly remember those strugglign days to get a good supply and beable to pump enough at work.

CarrieMeredith 05-20-2012 02:50 PM

Would you mind posting the links to the sites you went to to get some help?

kocho 05-20-2012 07:46 PM

Good for you!! If you still need to increase your supply, you could try power pumping. It's pump for 5 minutes rest for a minute, pump 5, rest 1 pump 5 more. another thing that helps is doing hand expression after pumping. Since the baby does a combo of suction and compression naturally this sometimes helps.

Liadan23 05-21-2012 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarrieMeredith (Post 15123991)
Would you mind posting the links to the sites you went to to get some help?

this! teach me your secrets! :giggle: i totally get what a big deal this is! wow! 4oz in one session! that never happened for me unless i was hugely engorged. congrats!

songbird516 05-21-2012 04:47 PM

yay! congrats :)