Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Failed 1 hour glucose (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1396709)

champatlife 05-21-2012 11:02 AM

Failed 1 hour glucose

Overly bummed about it, I almost cried about it. Mainly because I do ot want a 3 hour test, and I have to choke down the glucola, and try my best not to barf in fear they'll make me redo it (first time, I swallowed my barf to avoid a redo) 2nd pregnancy I had horrible hypermesis, so the entire thing was a battle (I did throw up, I just kept it to myself, there was no way I was going to repeat it) but I failed and ended up back for a 3 hour....

Anywho, if you ever failed do you remember what you blood sugar was? Mine was 164 ( I fasted, despite not having too just because I was so scared I'd fail) but looking at the 3 hour test levels, I don't see how I won't fail the 3 hour though. :/

kelpie169 05-21-2012 11:36 AM

I failed the 1 hour both times and the 3 hour the second time. I don't remember the exact number but it was like RIGHT on the line. Right under the mark with the first 3 hour.

Hungry Caterpillar 05-22-2012 10:12 PM

Re: Failed 1 hour glucose

I was 164! I fasted but I ate plums before the fasting time. I passed the threehr but it was brutal. My doctor said salmon and small portion of brown rice around 5 pm night before the three hr and I passed so good advice?

doulamomma 05-22-2012 10:22 PM

I would just refuse the test

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DS Forum

MeineLiebe 05-22-2012 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by champatlife
Overly bummed about it, I almost cried about it. Mainly because I do ot want a 3 hour test, and I have to choke down the glucola, and try my best not to barf in fear they'll make me redo it (first time, I swallowed my barf to avoid a redo) 2nd pregnancy I had horrible hypermesis, so the entire thing was a battle (I did throw up, I just kept it to myself, there was no way I was going to repeat it) but I failed and ended up back for a 3 hour....

Anywho, if you ever failed do you remember what you blood sugar was? Mine was 164 ( I fasted, despite not having too just because I was so scared I'd fail) but looking at the 3 hour test levels, I don't see how I won't fail the 3 hour though. :/

I failed my 1 hour & passed the 3. During the 3 hour I drank a lot of water & went to the bathroom. Some doctors let you do that, but some don't.

Jessi621 05-22-2012 11:15 PM

I don't know anything about the numbers and all that, but I do know that eating a high protien diet before the test is supposed to help. I feel your pain, that glucola crap makes me ill too. Good luck with your test.

Gardyloo 05-23-2012 02:16 AM

I failed the 1 hour and passed the three hour with BOTH my previous pregnancies. I don't remember numbers, but I really want to avoid the 3 hour test this time. I'm tempted to decline testing, but if I'm borderline diabetic, I'd rather know, I guess. Does eating protein the night before help with the 1 hour as well?

wordbox 05-23-2012 06:17 AM

I failed the one hour with this pregnancy... I don't know what my numbers were, though, but I ate normally and I'm guessing the sandwich and peach I ate a couple hours before the test are what threw off my numbers. I was really upset, too, but tried my best not to stress over it. I did the three hour test this past Friday and passed it. I never had a problem with the sugary drink prior, but having it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning was definitely yucky and I did feel a bit nauseous. I tried to enjoy the time as much as possible... I brought my laptop and some headphones, sat in a recliner, and tried to enjoy the time to myself. If I would have been able to have coffee and a snack, I would have loved it! Well, minus the 4 pokes. ;)

Hang in there. Fingers crossed that you pass and that it isn't too bad for you. It really is better to know, though, in case you do have GD.

Hungry Caterpillar 05-23-2012 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wordbox (Post 15137708)
I failed the one hour with this pregnancy... I don't know what my numbers were, though, but I ate normally and I'm guessing the sandwich and peach I ate a couple hours before the test are what threw off my numbers. I was really upset, too, but tried my best not to stress over it. I did the three hour test this past Friday and passed it. I never had a problem with the sugary drink prior, but having it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning was definitely yucky and I did feel a bit nauseous. I tried to enjoy the time as much as possible... I brought my laptop and some headphones, sat in a recliner, and tried to enjoy the time to myself. If I would have been able to have coffee and a snack, I would have loved it! Well, minus the 4 pokes. ;)

Hang in there. Fingers crossed that you pass and that it isn't too bad for you. It really is better to know, though, in case you do have GD.

After I failed mine the doctor said next pregnancy to avoid fruit 48 hours before just in case. Plums did me in :giggle:

steph410 05-23-2012 08:29 AM

if you do the 1 hour again because you are borderline...dont do it first thing in the AM!!! take the test in the afternoon and eat really well for the week leading up to it. your levels in the am are not really normalized, like they are after you have been out and about doing your normal stuff during the day.