Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   S/O What's your LO's nickname? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397030)

Leiiki 05-21-2012 09:56 PM

S/O What's your LO's nickname?

Now I'm curious what people call their kids at home - not like Matt for Matthew, but the pet names you only use with each other.

DH started calling DD "The Goo" very early on, and sometimes we expand it to "Googlet" or "Caroline Goo." I made her a onesie with the Google logo font that says Googlet ;) Sometimes I worry that she will think her name is actually Caroline Goo instead of Caroline Kei!

Leah52 05-21-2012 09:59 PM

Re: S/O What's your LO's nickname?

My sister has a daughter she named Elizabeth but we have all been calling her Woogie since she was baby. She's 12 now and prefers Elizabeth but she still gets Woogie a lot. :D

iris0110 05-21-2012 10:01 PM

Kearnan goes by Kear-by and Kare-bear and Kearny Tharen called him Kerny for years because he couldn't pronounce his name correctly.

Tharen was supposed to go by Rennie but it never worked out that way. When he was a baby he was Lumpy or Buddha baby. For a long time he was "Dukie" because he followed me like a duckling and if I would quack he would respond and it helped him keep up on walks ect. He also responds to "Therbs" and "Therbie". He isn't crazy about his name because he has a hard time with the "Th" blend (we are finally getting past it) so he kept insisting he would change his name. For months now he has been going by "Dandelion Fluff".

charise820 05-21-2012 10:05 PM

Alen is Alen or booger/bug but he hates me calling him that
Frederick AKA Ricky is Icky (Autumn calls him that) and bud or bug
Autumn Lily is Mama (we picked this up not planned) or princess or has she says call her pirate princess LOL

And Wolfe is baby and wolfe no pet name other than wolfy yet

Mommyto2B2G 05-21-2012 10:11 PM

Croix: He is usually called hoots. This was a nickname that started because when he was a baby he would make a hooting noise CONSTANTLY.

Noah: Egg or Eggy. This started one day when Croix was read a book about baby chicks. He kept calling him his eggy. I asked him why and he said because babies come from eggs and Noah was his little baby egg. lol It stuck.

Riley: Buddha, Buddha-butt (lol), Buda-pest and Wally. We have called her Buddha since she was little. She was a skinny tiny baby with a big buddha belly. :wub: Her brothers later on started calling her buda-pest because we call her buddha a lot and they think she is a pest. lol They also call her wally which really pisses her off. She used to not beable to say her name and it would sound like "wally" so now they walk around calling her that. It is usually a sure fire way to see a fight in this house.

Marbie 05-21-2012 10:12 PM

I call DS "Frito" a lot, but DH doesn't like it.

irishmama2 05-21-2012 10:13 PM

DD1 is Lolou or Loghan Lou but when I tell her goodnight I always call her Angel
DS, whose real name is James goes by his middle name Finn or stinker winker
DD2 is Talulah Jones, Lulu, or Princess Lily (it's a Royal Wedding thing, she watched it with me) She calls me Queen Mommy:giggle:
DD3 is little mama or Miss Rowan

keysersoze 05-21-2012 10:31 PM

DS1 is Noodle
DD is Mimi, or Meems, or Mer (she's named for my grandmother, and this was my grandmother's nickname from her sibs)
DS2 is Martha Washington, Martha, Arth/ie, Archie, and at bedtime, Gracie (as in "say goodnight, Gracie"); poor kid's gonna have a complex.

JeDeeLenae 05-21-2012 10:37 PM

Nugget, Babe and Sweet Pete. My oldest is just Jordan, but I sometimes say Dornan, because that's how Babe pronounces it.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

Teexie 05-21-2012 10:46 PM

DD is Charlotte, and her current nickname is Chuckie :giggle: