Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Give your opinion... best nursing tank for Plus Sized Ta-Ta's (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1397233)

dazed81 05-22-2012 11:13 AM

Give your opinion... best nursing tank for Plus Sized Ta-Ta's

Gearing up for #3. Breastfed my first two for 14 months each until they self-weaned so this isn't my first rodeo... but I have yet to find a nursing tank that I LIKE. Bravado are too tight, target ones are better now then they were back in 2007....

This is what I am looking for:
Something that will comfortably fit an XL/1X mamma with a postpartum belly that won't quit :)
Something long enough to go down to my hip bones and cover the belly.
Something that doesn't create the unibooob effect (I really like these but they only come in M and L... WTF? http://www.motherhood.com/Product.as...tegory_Id=MC29)
Something that doesn't completely break the bank, although if it truly is the goddess of all tanks I am willing to pay to own at least one or two.

Has anyone had success? When not nursing I am a 40DD. When Nursing, I go up to a 40 G or H :) :blush:

Connor 05-22-2012 12:33 PM

I have heard nothing but great things about the Glamour Mom tanks in "long."

dazed81 05-22-2012 01:01 PM

Re: Give your opinion... best nursing tank for Plus Sized Ta-Ta's

I have considered them, still uniboob though I think :) But I might have to try one. Maybe I can find one used to test out before I spend the cash :)

juliasmom 05-22-2012 02:08 PM

Glamourmom Full Bust tanks! They are awesome!

BottomOfMyHearts 05-22-2012 06:21 PM

Target ones are pretty good, just make sure to get full cup!

leadmare 05-23-2012 12:37 AM

the glamourmom full-bust, long torso tank! It is different than the tank that that is either full-bust, or long torso individually. They run ~$50, but I want more. It's nice to have something that is long enough and fits my chest. I also like that the tank material (while tight) is thicker, and "hides"/ smoothes post-partum tummies :)

Br2me 05-23-2012 04:17 PM

not sure what the name of the tank i have one is...i will have to look..but so far i really like it...BRB..

its the undercover...i think its what it said..trying to read backwards over your shoulder in the mirror is hard..lol..and i guess its not really a tank...since it has no straps...it connects to my nursing bra...for my plus size tatas i used a reg bra that i made into a nursing bra...40KK here

Boheme 05-24-2012 08:16 AM

I have several of the Bravado nursing tank and they work really well. They're pretty much all I've worn for the past year (with cardigans over them in the winter). Lots of support, a little less uniboob than other styles, and pretty flexible in the sizing.

For instance, I wear a 38G or 38 H at this time, in my two properly sized bras non-nursing bras, but in the Bravado tank, I can wear the 36f/g, 38d/e, and 38f/g with a fit that is suitable for going out in. That makes it easy when you find one that is *almost* your size but it's such a steal you can't pass it up. :thumbsup:

They are a little sexy, which I count as a good thing. I'll take all the sexy I can get at this point. :giggle:

I've never tried the Glamourmom full bust but now I want to try one! I love the purple, so pretty!

ETA: wanted to add that I was up to an I cup for the first few months of bf'ing this baby, and the Bravado 38g/h still fit! So there really is some leeway in the sizing, if you aren't sure of your size.