Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Moms of Many or Multiples (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=181)
-   -   BJ city select? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1398793)

psylion 05-25-2012 05:22 PM

BJ city select?

Anyone have any experience with this stroller? I'm really considering it for the twins because I can put 2 keyfits into it and I worry that a sbs would never fit though all the Victorian doorways around here. It is pretty darn pricey though so I am worried to drop all that money and then hate it. I went through so many strollers with my DD that I might as well of bought a bugaboo to begin with ad I want to avoid hat this time.

Wanderlust 05-25-2012 06:55 PM

Re: BJ city select?

I have one and still love it! Got it before my twins were born and still use it almost daily- they're 25 months old. I've never wanted to "cheat" on it with another stroller :giggle: I researched American strollers and even tried the European double strollers and this was the best one for us.

I think it's worth the price- and you could resell it quite easily if you decide you don't like it. I like how versatile it is- I can fit it in the narrow European doorways and sidewalks and it's rugged enough to go up dirt paths on big hillsides to go look at castles. I've also used it as a single stroller when I have an appointment for only one son.

I also like that they both get full sized seats. Some of the other compact double strollers I looked at had one full sized seat and one tiny seat. Or if they had two full size seats, then the stroller was huge.

luvsviola 05-25-2012 09:40 PM

I wanted one and spent forever convincing DH that I needed one, but the seats were not that large. DD (5) still rides a fair amount for long days out, and she was too tall for the seats. DFS (3) hits the canopy with his head. We had driven an hour to see one in person before I plunked down the money, and I was really glad we had instead of buying it on Amazon. I left without one.

However, D fits fine in the BJCM double, and in my Mountain Buggy.

kcprochazka 05-27-2012 04:11 PM

NAK... We love ours. We went with it because it was one of e only tandems that went to 45lbs. Our kids are quite tall and we've had no problems with the. Fitting. We did take the canopies off, so maybe that makes a difference.

american_mommy 05-28-2012 06:57 PM

I am really hoping to get one.
DH thinks I am crazy but I need a double and I want one that also functions as a single. The others I have seen do this use rumble seats and I hate those. No child wants to sit underneath a sibling.
I do worry about the height and width of the seats but I will go try one out again before buying, when I have saved up enough money

MomToMyMonkeys 05-28-2012 07:12 PM

Subbing because I'm looking at this same stroller.

Sent from my iPhone

Mistymama 06-13-2012 10:35 AM

subbing. i am also considering this one. my babies will be about 2.5 years apart... they carry this one at the store i work at so i've had quite a bit of time to play with it. i really like it & it fold up really small!

MomToMyMonkeys 06-13-2012 06:28 PM

Anyone know if it can fold with both seats attached?

Sent from my iPhone

4kids4me 06-14-2012 06:31 AM

I've been looking at this one for my 18 month old and 2 month old. I want the 2012 model because it allows for better access to the basket. I really could use it now though, but it doesn't come out for another couple of months.

Mistymama 06-18-2012 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4kids4me (Post 15247846)
I've been looking at this one for my 18 month old and 2 month old. I want the 2012 model because it allows for better access to the basket. I really could use it now though, but it doesn't come out for another couple of months.

Interesting...I wonder if they have made any other changes to it?