Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Waiting? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1398892)

pridykidz 05-25-2012 11:46 PM

Waiting?

Here is my story:
This is my 6th pregnancy. I have been blessed with 5 beautiful babies. Have not had any problems until now.
My last baby is approx 14 months and am still nursing him. I haven't gotten my cycle back.
Approx 3 weeks ago I started feeling "not right", (moody, sore nipples, tired). About 2 weeks ago I took a test (really old) and nothing happened. I was in a hurry so I threw it away and left. When I got back home, I was curious if it ever worked at all, so I took it out of the trash and both lines were there. But I thought, well that is weird, and threw it away again. A couple days later I started bleeding so I thought I was finally getting my period back. It was only for that one day and then nothing.
Last week I told my DH that I didn't know what was going on, told him the story and he went to get a test from the store. Took it and it was instantly positive. The next day I called my midwife just to let them know. She wanted me to come in just for a quick dating u/s. Never have I done one that early.
Well, all she saw was a rough edged gestational sac. The machine is not a great one and she told me that due to the bleeding days before and the "empty sac" I was probably going to miscarry soon.
She had me come back again this Tuesday for another quick u/s check. Sac looked the same, more rounded, but didn't really look any bigger. However she saw a big cyst on my ovary. So I was sent the next day to another ultrasound place with a better machine. He saw a good gestational sac and a good yolk sac, but nothing else. He told me it was just to soon to see anything else, but according to him it looked good.
Oh and all the measurement were approx the same size both weeks. It measured 5wks 5days, I think.
So here is my question: Has anyone had this experience and had a good ending to the story? My midwife has told me to just wait to miscarry. :-( Isn't it possible for the gestational sac to not grow in size, but in contents?
Thanks for the help.

MarzipanCat 05-26-2012 06:06 AM

Re: Waiting?

Has she taken HCGs? If they're not doubling over 2-3 days or are declining, then it's a good confirmation of a miscarriage. I don't know about the ultrasounds, as during all my m/c, no one would explain what they were seeing (I've since changed doctors).

twinpossible 05-26-2012 10:10 AM

Re: Waiting?

My u/s were all over the place too, sadly we lost our baby at 12 weeks. I think the only medical thing you can do to be sure is to get HCG levels tests. Other then that it is a waiting and praying situation. I am SO sorry mama, I am hoping for the best.