Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Moldy diapers (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1399187)

MilaniasSuperMomma 05-26-2012 11:13 PM

Moldy diapers

Bought some diapers off of fsot. Got a great deal, just needed to get the stains out. I put them in the sun as I sun all my diapers. Well it decided to rain to brought them in and waited until another sunny day to put them out. I didn't think to dry them b/c I honestly thought the next day would be sunny. Well 3 days later they all had couple of mold spots each. I washed and put them in the sun figuring they weren't super bad and should sun out. Well I went outside to check on them and the spots had multiplied bad!!! How can I remove the spots w/o ruining the diapers. I am sick, I just bought these last week. I cannot throw them out........

Tina5834 05-26-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MilaniasSuperMomma
Bought some diapers off of fsot. Got a great deal, just needed to get the stains out. I put them in the sun as I sun all my diapers. Well it decided to rain to brought them in and waited until another sunny day to put them out. I didn't think to dry them b/c I honestly thought the next day would be sunny. Well 3 days later they all had couple of mold spots each. I washed and put them in the sun figuring they weren't super bad and should sun out. Well I went outside to check on them and the spots had multiplied bad!!! How can I remove the spots w/o ruining the diapers. I am sick, I just bought these last week. I cannot throw them out........

Bleach will kill the mold so you can use them. After that bleach in every wash to get the mold stains lighter.

abunchoflemons 05-27-2012 12:19 AM

Re: Moldy diapers

Depends on diaper. Pockets u houldnt use bleach.

Tina5834 05-27-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abunchoflemons
Depends on diaper. Pockets u houldnt use bleach.

I have used bleach for over a year with no problems!

Seriously, It's either you kill the mold or throw out the diapers. Bleach won't hurt them, promise!

sandrc 05-27-2012 01:14 AM

i second bleach. i had that happen to a couple of mine.

mamaroach 05-27-2012 07:03 AM

Yes, some bleach. I recently had some new flats that got moldy.

2+2macht4 05-27-2012 07:06 AM

bleach wqhich reminds me I need to hang mine today

greencrunchymama 05-27-2012 07:45 AM

Bleach! It will kill the mold :)

luvthefluff 05-27-2012 10:28 AM

i use bleach on my pockets. heck my pul covers are also in the load and i havent had any issues with bleach

MilaniasSuperMomma 05-27-2012 01:52 PM

They are BGE's and the mold is spreading everywhere!!! I will try bleach. I soaked them in oxyclean last night b/c that is what I read online but there is even more mold today. Ahhhh!!!!