Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   C Section Births (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=224)
-   -   My mom had C-Section, will I have one too? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1399275)

maecuddlez 05-27-2012 11:07 AM

My mom had C-Section, will I have one too?

My mom kept telling me about the c-section. She really believes I will have one too. I'm here alone since my hub's deployed. Then everytime my mom called she keeps ask about the c-section. She said my grandma and she had it. It's really high risk for me to have c-section too.

I asked doctor for a couple time. She said nope.. it doesn't connect to that at all. But I found it in a book mentioned about the risk. I think I really have a chance.

Is anyone know if it goes thru the genes or something? Do I have a chance to have the c-section at all?

PS. I don't really care about it at all. I just need to prepare since my hub wont be here.

2+2macht4 05-27-2012 11:13 AM

Re: My mom had C-Section, will I have one too?

Csections have nothing to do with genetics.

Many of the reasons that used to be claimed for csections that may be genetically inclined like big babies, small hipes ect have been proven old wives tails.

Csections should never be done unless there is a medical need, and even then I would darn well research before agreeing to it.

I would be firm with your mom, tell her enough is enough if she will not drop the csection talk you prefer to talk about something else.

Being anxious does you and baby no good. Have no fear mama.

jaelynsmommy61607 05-27-2012 11:19 AM

My mom had 3 csections and I've had 2. Although hers were for different reasons. I asked my midwife because I feared I'd be the same as her. She said it has nothing to do with my chances of having a vaginal birth. When I had my first my mom didn't understand the desire for a natural birth. She was perfectly content with csections. She never understood my disappointment with my births. But she's finally stopped with encouraging me to just have anothet repeat.

I would look into hiring a doula.

2+2macht4 05-27-2012 11:21 AM

Just an another example my mom had a natural birth I had 14 hours labor followed by c section.

My mom never had problems, mine were a lack of understanding the situation and allowing poor medical intervention efforts to be made.

mama2myangels09 05-27-2012 11:26 AM

Nope my mom had three planned c sections. I had 3 vaginal births and 1 c section and that was cause my 4th was breech.

maecuddlez 05-27-2012 11:56 AM

I told her to stop talking about it like a couple month ago. Now she starts to talk about it again. Then I have so much pain on my pelvic. I really wanna do nature birth tho. I heard I wont be able to take care myself if I got c-section. That will be hard on me without my hub.

jessicalev8 05-27-2012 11:58 AM

Nope. My mom had 2 csections - her body would not progress past 1cm. I've had 3 (quick!) vaginal births :)

maecuddlez 05-27-2012 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessicalev8 (Post 15158414)
Nope. My mom had 2 csections - her body would not progress past 1cm. I've had 3 (quick!) vaginal births :)

That's awesome!!! Hopefully I will have quick birth too.

maecuddlez 05-27-2012 12:04 PM

Thank you everyone. I think I can prove to my mom now. :)

masja 05-27-2012 12:06 PM

My mom had 2, I had 3. Both her first and my first were for the same reasons and our others scheduled sections.