Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Aug (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Is your baby head down yet? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1399330)

Riverdavidsmama 05-27-2012 02:11 PM

Is your baby head down yet?

I'm sad to say my little girl is still breech and my hopes for a VBAC are dimming. I'm 31 weeks today. Do you know if your baby is head down yet? Are you doing anything to turn them if they are breech?

My last son was breech from 30 weeks on and never did flip (and I tried everything but moxibustion and hypnosis, including an external version). I had a c-section at 39.5 weeks.

Right now I'm doing all the things I did last time - seeing a chiro for Webster technique, doing daily inversions, breech tilts and I just did a hypnobabies breech baby turn MP3. I'm planning to see an acupuncturist for moxibustion after my next appt on June 6 (and ultrasound).

Am I forgetting anything?

Christina 05-27-2012 02:20 PM

Re: Is your baby head down yet?

She was head down last week, i don't know if she still is but i hope so.

eguisgirl 05-27-2012 03:00 PM

Don't worry too much yet. You still have plenty of time for your baby to turn. Even if your baby turnz today he/she could till flip tomorrow. There is still lots of extra room in your uterus for baby to move around, especially if this isn't your first. :). Trust your body. I will say a little prayer for you!!

mommato4kids 05-27-2012 04:51 PM

With dd #4 she wasn't head down until almost 39 weeks.

She has plenty of time to flip around in there!!

tibeca 05-27-2012 06:21 PM

Baby was head down at my appointment 2 weeks ago, but completely transverse earlier today. I'm 29 +5. I'm not the least bit concerned. Baby can turn at any time before labor. And I don't worry if they don't then either. Breech is a variation of normal and my provider feels comfortable with my ability to birth a breech vaginally.

ecomother 05-28-2012 10:28 AM

My baby has been breech since my 20 week ultrasound. None of my previous 3 babies were born breech, but I admit I'm a little worried because when the midwife palpated my stomach last week he was NOT head down like I thought, although she said he has plenty of time to flip around. My DH and his brother were breech homebirth babies and this is only adding to my worry! I hope your babe flips around and you get your VBAC, sounds like you're trying your hardest mama!

Riverdavidsmama 05-28-2012 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tibeca (Post 15159756)
Baby was head down at my appointment 2 weeks ago, but completely transverse earlier today. I'm 29 +5. I'm not the least bit concerned. Baby can turn at any time before labor. And I don't worry if they don't then either. Breech is a variation of normal and my provider feels comfortable with my ability to birth a breech vaginally.

Good for you, mama. I wish I felt that way. I'm obsessed with her position and I know I wouldn't be comfortable doing the vaginal birth if she didn't turn. Though this time I think I might wait until I was in labor to have my c-section.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecomother (Post 15162073)
My baby has been breech since my 20 week ultrasound. None of my previous 3 babies were born breech, but I admit I'm a little worried because when the midwife palpated my stomach last week he was NOT head down like I thought, although she said he has plenty of time to flip around. My DH and his brother were breech homebirth babies and this is only adding to my worry! I hope your babe flips around and you get your VBAC, sounds like you're trying your hardest mama!

Hope yours flips, too! I try to tell myself she has lots of room, but after having my last be breech from 28 weeks on I am starting to lose hope. She feels big to me in there. I feel like if she CAN flip, it needs to happen soon or it won't - KWIM?
Can you tell where your LO is? I have a hard time...

momofairforcebrats 05-28-2012 06:11 PM

I'm almost 27 weeks and she is transverse. My 4th was transverse until 32 weeks then breech til 36 but she flipped on around. I had HUGE baby boys followed by a teensy girl so it was 'roomy' in there for her. I think this girl may be small too.

virtuousflapper 05-28-2012 06:21 PM

I'm almost 30 weeks, and baby has been head down consistently for about 2. I can tell where her head is because of 1. Hiccups down by my pelvic bone, and 2. Her feet kicking me on my left side/ I can feel her butt and back push out on my right side. There is definitely still time for your baby to flip.

NorwexMa 05-29-2012 09:17 AM

I'm horrible about being able to tell how my babies are positioned. I THINK this one MIGHT be head down. It's a concern of mine too, even tho the first two weren't breech. I'm just afraid if this one was, it would be a easy way for my dr. to say no to trying vba2c and doing a 3rd c/s, and decreasing my odds for a vba4c if we would later be blessed with another. I don't know how comfortable I would be delivering breech, I guess it depended on the dr.s comfort level too... I REALLY WANT A SUCCESSFUL VBAC! But in the end, healthy mama and baby is most important.