Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Gift ideas for 2 and 4 year old girls? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1399945)

kateroc 05-29-2012 07:35 AM

Gift ideas for 2 and 4 year old girls?

My husband's cousin is having a joint b-day party for her two girls, who will be 2 and 4, in a few weeks. I need gift ideas! I was thinking a joint gift so I could do sort of a big ticket item, but I could do separate gifts... Thoughts? I'm usually good at coming up with creative ideas, but I'm really stumped this time. I'm willing to spend up to about $75 total.

Thanks!

ETA: I guess it's important to note that these kids have everthing already, so I'm really looking for some offbeat or unusual suggestions. (and, fwiw, I don't really say that to judge the family as overly materialistic or anything. My husband's family is really big and with birthdays and Christmases and two girls they've already been given all the standard girl stuff, like the kitchen, the doll nursery, etc...). Thanks again!

alsatia23 05-29-2012 07:37 AM

Re: Gift ideas for 2 and 4 year old girls?

Do they have a play kitchen? Play food? Baby doll nursery? Baby doll stroller?

My 2.5 year old loves bags and purses. Dress up clothes. Those Disney dress up shoes. And puzzles.

blossomgoat 05-29-2012 07:41 AM

My girls are now 5 and 3. They both love their little people dollhouse. They love their little tykes cozy coupe... like CRAZY. One drives and the other rides on top. :giggle: They love the doll stroller, the toy food and pots and pans, they love puzzles (jigsaw), art supplies, and toy grocery cart.

Hope that helps.

Hands&Fire Pottery 05-29-2012 11:49 AM

One of my favorite gifts that I have given kids is this bag loaded up with supplies for waiting at the Drs office or wherever. I really want to got one for DD someday. She has lots of fabric choices- my favorite was a brightly colored jungle one.

http://hyenacart.com/jenncatsmeow/mt...-Kids-Tote-Bag

Or some other ideas- do they need outdoor things/pool toys? Some less girly things? Scleich animals? Beautiful wooden blocks? Dumptrucks and sand toys?

isabelsmummy 05-29-2012 12:31 PM

trains? My 2 girls have loved their thomas the train set. They don't play with it in the traditional ways though... often Littlest Pet Shops ride on the train and the trains have been known to stop to have a tea party...

Water table?

membership or tickets to something ?

TooBusyBearcubs 05-29-2012 02:13 PM

Craft Supplies
Water Table - great one, Isabelsmummy!
Anything Dress-Up - tutus, fireman hats, butterfly wings, fancy dress-up shoes, etc.
Play Camera (The ones that take real pics are super-cool)
Melissa & Doug Magnetic Paper Dolls
A Bird Feeder (you'd be surprised how entertaining this can be for little ones!) and poster of local birds
An indoor play tent
Hand Puppets
A Red Wagon for walks and playing
Books, Books, Books - kids can never have too many!
Cloud b Twilight Turtle & Ladybug

raisingcropsandbabies 05-29-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kateroc (Post 15165733)
My husband's cousin is having a joint b-day party for her two girls, who will be 2 and 4, in a few weeks. I need gift ideas! I was thinking a joint gift so I could do sort of a big ticket item, but I could do separate gifts... Thoughts? I'm usually good at coming up with creative ideas, but I'm really stumped this time. I'm willing to spend up to about $75 total.

Thanks!

ETA: I guess it's important to note that these kids have everthing already, so I'm really looking for some offbeat or unusual suggestions. (and, fwiw, I don't really say that to judge the family as overly materialistic or anything. My husband's family is really big and with birthdays and Christmases and two girls they've already been given all the standard girl stuff, like the kitchen, the doll nursery, etc...). Thanks again!

Dress up clothes/items
games like Don't Break the Ice, Candyland, (even if it's a little too old for one of them, games keep well)
Playdough Kit (homemade playdough with some cookie cutters, rolling pins, dull butterknives, etc)

Beth. 05-29-2012 03:30 PM

My 2 and 4 yo girls play for hours with their playsilks. It's not a mainstream purchase, so it's unlikely to be a duplicate to what they already have. I buy the seconds in grab bags from Sarah's Silks (I haven't found any noticeable defects in any I have bought).

AfWife8405 05-29-2012 03:37 PM

What about a kiddie ergo?

Rhianna'sMommy 05-29-2012 04:22 PM

If you know their clothing size - get them a fun dress and maybe fun shoes to go with the dress. Even at 2 dd2 loved clothes - she'll take a new fun dress and a fun pair of shoes over a toy most days.

A nice joint gift, if they don't have one already, would be a scooter - all 3 of my kids love their scooter (at times almost more than their bikes).