Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Court today for broken gym membership. Can I bring my 9 month old AND (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400438)

donnyandmelissa 05-30-2012 07:53 AM

Court today for broken gym membership. Can I bring my 9 month old AND

4 yr old? I don't have babysitters for my kids because we don't know anyone. Should I send my husband without me or me without him? Or can I take them? They are SUPER quiet kids.

FYI I broke my gym membership after 1 time of going because my 4 yr old at the time was 5 months and they let her cry bloody murder for almost an hour instead of coming to get me.

More then likely I will still have to pay but :banghead: for $3000.00

mabelinoad 05-30-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Court today for broken gym membership. Can I bring my 9 month old AND

Ugh, thats terrible childcare!

I'd say (only been in court once) that it'd be better you left hubby with hte kids, even just outside the courtroom. You were the account holder I'm assuming and you picked her up from childcare, I'm assuming. So it should be you to go! G'luck!!

mibarra 05-30-2012 08:03 AM

Agree with PP. You don't want to look like the poor beleaguered mom trying to get sympathy cuz she can't find a babysitter. Not fair, I know, but impressions are extremely important in court.

rahhlady 05-30-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mibarra (Post 15171105)
Agree with PP. You don't want to look like the poor beleaguered mom trying to get sympathy cuz she can't find a babysitter. Not fair, I know, but impressions are extremely important in court.

This!

happysmileylady 05-30-2012 08:15 AM

No, you cannot.

I had my 18 month old and 3 yr old in FAMILY COURT with me when my DH adopted my oldest in April. And they were NOT loud, but they were kids and the bailiff pretty much wigged out. The judge didn't seem phased, but we took the kids outside the courtroom and within like 15 minutes the bailiff was outside telling us we had to take them out. You would think that in FAMILY court, they would be used to kids but apparently not.

Avoid taking the kids any way you can.

luvsviola 05-30-2012 10:01 AM

No you cannot. Children are not permitted in the court room. When we are at court for DFS and his mom tries to bring her baby, the judge will not let her in.

There is also a strict dress code. No jeans and no shorts allowed in our courts here. DFS's dad got called on it.

erkelly 05-30-2012 10:08 AM

Here you can. When we went for custody of my step son we brought my infant. He was allowed in there as long as I was (had to leave because I was a witness). Granted we lost...but I blame that more on the stupidity of the court system and not on my infant quietly being there.

happysmileylady 05-30-2012 10:21 AM

Quote:

There is also a strict dress code. No jeans and no shorts allowed in our courts here. DFS's dad got called on it.
Now, we did not find this to be the case, no one cared that we were all in jeans and t-shirts, but this might vary from court to court.

Michelle_M 05-30-2012 10:55 AM

On the dress code:

I would NEVER show up to court in jeans and a tee shirt or flip flops.

If you want to be taken seriously, you should dress like you're taking the proceedings seriously. Dress professionally.

God bless!