Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Breaks from parenting (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400480)

charise820 05-30-2012 09:19 AM

Breaks from parenting

is it horrible to want a break from parenting?

As a sahm who never gets out of the house with out the kids who is lucky to get 2 hours a month by herself. is it wrong to want a break?

sorry this should be in parenting if a mod could move it it would be great.

Nerissa 05-30-2012 09:21 AM

Re: Breaks from parenting

Nope not at all. I think you need/deserve a break now and then. Is there someone that can watch the kids so you can do something by yourself or with antoher omom friend.

stevensmom 05-30-2012 09:22 AM

No it's not wrong. In fact it makes mama a better mama IMO

I don't get out as often as I want but dh stays home with the kids for an hour or so while I grocery shop. I take as much time as I want.

**I do know how to spell...my iPod on the other hand does not**

d_arnold 05-30-2012 09:22 AM

Absolutely not!!! I had 10 weeks of maternity leave when I had my DD and it was honestly so much easier when I went back to work, because it was easier than caring for a newborn. I felt awful, but it really made me appreciate the time I had with her more when I wasn't with her 24/7.

Mommy breaks are a must in my house!

charise820 05-30-2012 09:31 AM

I have a few friends and try to get out for a couple hours once a month but really that's it. I really want a weekend away and time alone with dh. I feel so stressed. the one person that could have watch the kids is the one I would go hang out with so it just doesn't work out. It's ok though I know I will get the time some time and have been getting more in the last few months so thats good. I have just gotten the vibe from some that I shouldn't want or need breaks from the house/kids/hubby and I should be happy to be able to be mom/wife 24/7 and nothing else. I don't want to work out of the home but I want to have a life too.

charise820 05-30-2012 09:31 AM

dp

charise820 05-30-2012 09:35 AM

tp

charise820 05-30-2012 09:35 AM

LOL puter really loved this post LOL quad post

Marbie 05-30-2012 10:37 AM

It's totally normal. I think that IRL people are embarrassed to admit it, and that may be why you're getting weird vibes from people.

An overnighter with your DH sounds like a great idea. But there is no one else to watch the kids? Could you plan a trip where you all go to the grandparents' and then you and DH take one night away?

lemurkinsmommy 05-30-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charise820 (Post 15171592)
I really want a weekend away and time alone with dh.

We do this once a month, the kiddos go see their grandparents and we take a couple days just to us. It helps me out to recharge and also helps mine and DH's relationship out. Its not wrong to want a break from being a mom 24/7. Maybe look at getting a babysitter and having a date night once in awhile.