Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   I've NEVER had this problem with my other kids! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1400872)

mama2cntrykids 05-31-2012 07:25 AM

I've NEVER had this problem with my other kids!

We co-sleep. Always have. All of the kids have slept with me until various ages. My little dd is almost a year old (on Sunday...yay!) and has recently become a mover in bed.

She literally rolls around the bed. It's not safe at all! It's terrible and I'm unsure what to do next.

She still nurses through out the night, so I'm not sure how sucessful I'd be at getting her to sleep in a pack n play. Besides the fact, we don't have a crib or pack n play (but could borrow the pnp if needed). I know from experience that if I try NOT nursing her at night, she whines and crys so much that she fully wakes up. Not a good deal.

Any ideas on what I can do?

kilahree 05-31-2012 07:59 AM

Re: I've NEVER had this problem with my other kids!

Our 2nd is a mover, too! I finally just put the mattress on the floor and stuck the bed frame and box springs in the garage. Now if he does fall, it might scare him, but I know he won't be hurt.

Br2me 05-31-2012 08:02 AM

i would suggest getting a crib and sidecarring it...that way she is on the same level OR putting your mattress on the floor with either a cribor twin mattress on the floor ...you are gonna hate getting up and down to put her in the pnp several times each night...i know i do and my baby is 6 wks old and sleeping in the bassinet part so i dont have to get up all the way to get to him....hope you figure something out!!

bluedaisyma 05-31-2012 08:05 AM

our mattress and boxspring are on floor. Also, we either have DS in the middle or I have a body pillow on the edge of the bed if he's on the outside.

mama2cntrykids 05-31-2012 08:16 AM

Hmmm. I will talk to dh about putting the matteress on the floor. Other than that, yes, the pnp would be crappy b/c then I'd have to get up and down at night. UNLESS dd would learn to fall asleep on her own (yeah right).

TooBusyBearcubs 05-31-2012 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kilahree (Post 15176281)
Our 2nd is a mover, too! I finally just put the mattress on the floor and stuck the bed frame and box springs in the garage. Now if he does fall, it might scare him, but I know he won't be hurt.

This.

After the first few months of co-sleeping (right around 8-9mos, maybe?), DS started to move all the time.
ALL. THE. TIME. :banghead:
We ended up dragging the guest room mattress into our room and putting it on the floor between our bed and the wall. We made sure it was in a corner, so two sides of the mattress were blocked, and a third side was against our bedframe, so he had very few places to roll off, and even if he did, it wasn't enough of a drop for him to get hurt. Actually, we have since learned that floor-level mattress placement, instead of using a crib, is a pretty common practice in families who practice Montessori childrearing. So, there are apparently a lot more families that do that than most of us realize. Kind of cool, IMO.
Anyway, it worked like a charm, and when we were ready for him to move into his own room, it made it that much easier because, even though it was in another room, his bed was still his bed. :goodvibes:

m0mof6 05-31-2012 01:58 PM

YDS was a horrible roller and would keep DH and I up at night. I finally had enough when he was about 15 months old and I was pregnant (2nd trimester). At this time he was still nursing. He HATED his crib but I got him a pack n play set up at the foot of our bed. He lay right down and went to sleep ad slept all night. Continued sleeping great until we transitioned him to a bed (and was fine once the transition period was over). You never know how a LO will react to changes. :)

Teexie 05-31-2012 02:13 PM

Mattress on floor! My DD is a major roller. She rolls off the mattress in her sleep and stays asleep...just continues sleeping on the floor lol

Angel89411 05-31-2012 02:29 PM

Ds2 is a mover. Our mattress is in the floor in a corner against the wall.

My iPhone thinks it knows what I meant to say better than I do.