Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Having a hard time sleeping without DS (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401226)

MacMomma 05-31-2012 07:14 PM

Having a hard time sleeping without DS

DH and I have been cosleeping with DS since he was born. He is now 10.5 months, and we want to have him sleeping in his crib by a year old. Last night was the first night we put him down in his crib in the nursery. We went to bed later, but I only made it an hour and was a nervous wreck, so I had to go get him and bring him in bed with is. So I guess I'm wondering if you have any advice on letting him sleep on his own? I have a sound monitor, but just got scared with silly things like, "what if he stops breathing?"

mibarra 05-31-2012 08:39 PM

Turn the sound up so you can hear his baby snores. :) I get that way too, flashes of what if. Take a deep breath, tell yourself it'll be ok, have DH talk you down. The more nights everyone wakes up fine the less nervous you get. I also always check on both kiddos before I go to bed to make sure they are ok, then I can go to bed knowing everything is fine. :)

MacMomma 05-31-2012 09:17 PM

Re: Having a hard time sleeping without DS

I'll try to adjust the sensitivity on the monitor so I can hear his snores. All I can hear is the white noise maker in the background. Does it get easier each night? I was shocked at how hard it was for me to relax about it!

mibarra 05-31-2012 09:22 PM

It got easier for me after about the first 3 days or so... good luck!

rosefall 05-31-2012 09:46 PM

Mine were much older when we transitioned to the crib, but I still had that trouble. I think a lot of it had to do with my not falling asleep while nursing - the hormone release and all. It took a few weeks before I was easily able to fall asleep with them in the crib.

MyPerfectLife 05-31-2012 10:02 PM

I still have trouble and mine are 10, 7, and 3.5 :giggle:. When DH is gone we all sleep together!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DS Forum

SarahS12 05-31-2012 10:04 PM

What about keeping the crib in your room for awhile to ease into it?

candlefire22 05-31-2012 10:28 PM

I thought it was just me! DS is only 7 1/2 months so we are not putting him in his own room yet but just the thought stresses me out! Few weeks ago I laid him in his crib (in his sisters room) because he fell asleep while I ws getting her to sleep and my husband was like just leave him. You will hear him if he crystal... Well I left him but I didn't sleep a wink until he woke up and I brought him back to our room at like 12:30am! I just couldn't fall asleep! But maybe it has to do with being used to putting him to sleep while nursing. I beginning to think its as much a habit for me as it is for him :(

hpfgirl 05-31-2012 11:27 PM

I had DS in a bassinet in my room until he outgrew it at 2 months. For me, having a video monitor made the transition easier for me. I could turn it on any time and check that he was still breathing.

qsefthuko 06-01-2012 12:27 AM

I don't think you ever completely outgrow it. I still check on my 13 year old daughter and almost 9 year old son in the middle of the night. When my husband is at work(night worker) I often sleep on the couch just to be nearer to the kids.