Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sold / Traded / Gone (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Interests in REAL fur booties? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401283)

tray 05-31-2012 10:10 PM

Interests in REAL fur booties?

I have purchased a few USED vintage (going to be tossed in the landfil)<--- lol :giggle: mink fur coats. I was wondering if anyone would have interests in real fur baby boots , they would be lined with real fur, the company who made these coats makes the best of the best and the fur is SUPER soft, they would be in two styles both knee high and ankle hight. And some with buttons down the sides. with leather soles or wool ? the outer would depend between leather or a printed fabric outer. .... I know its summer right now, but I would like to start making them now. for stock???

would people be interested in these?? and if so how much would you pay??

hpfgirl 05-31-2012 10:51 PM

I don't think real fur is considered a great material by the type of parents on this forum (crunchy), but I could be wrong.

2+2macht4 06-01-2012 07:55 AM

Re: Interests in REAL fur booties?

I think it depends in colder climate many people use fur for clothing, in a non glamourious sense. More functional.

Not really any different then leather at the end of the day.

Not really applicable to many vegans or veggies, but we have many moms who still eat and use animal products here.

We use sheep pelt here in Germany on tons of kids items.

That said customs would likely never let it through so no go for me. I go back and forth on fur.

Only 06-01-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpfgirl
I don't think real fur is considered a great material by the type of parents on this forum (crunchy), but I could be wrong.

While I realize there are those on here who DO use animal products I have to agree with this. I have leather purses etc but to be honest, something about real fur in baby boots kind of creeps me out. :blush:

To each their own though and you very well may find those who are interested in this type of shoe.

Good luck!

chefsteph82 06-01-2012 05:25 PM

i think its a great idea. you are using upcycled fur, its not you are going out killing animals to make these!! i would consider testing (in the fall) depending on price :) good luck and go for it!!

Keiki 06-01-2012 06:28 PM

I go either way on fur, heck, I own chinchillas for pets! But maybe you could do it with faux fur? I don't know, the idea sounds kind of cute, but I'd need to see a picture first. I'd probably choose faux fur given the chance since it's cheaper and animal friendly

The Green Avacado 06-01-2012 10:33 PM

I feel I am more on the side of 'survivalist' in the sense that I eat me to live not for 'pleasure' and wear leather and such to live... because I live in Maine, I think that's enough said lol! I don't own any real fur (too expensive for me!). I believe that if you want to wear fur/leather that's totally fine just as long as you use the rest of the animal (I know there is no way of actually knowing if a company did or not... that's just my 2 cents heehee). With ALL that being said, I would be interested but I would definitely like to see a picture and would be interested in the fall of course.

BLargy 06-01-2012 10:42 PM

Um I think up cycling some old fur coats is earthy crunchy, the alternative is them being garbage ....just saying. I think its a cute idea for the winter months.It is soft and warm.Basically what i want from a winter boot for a non walking child. I may be interested depending on price and how they look.

tray 06-03-2012 07:21 AM

Yes, I am actually a 90% raw vegan .. so I understand... HOWEVER, this is not me buying mink from a store brand new this is a vintage mink fur coat that would have just been tossed out in the garbage. So its actually being upcycled, and most of these people are also environmentally friendly it takes a much larger toll on our environmental to make rubber soled boots or plastic fibered faux fur. I totally get the point of view, but not from an upcycled point.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hugstrees (Post 15184801)
While I realize there are those on here who DO use animal products I have to agree with this. I have leather purses etc but to be honest, something about real fur in baby boots kind of creeps me out. :blush:

To each their own though and you very well may find those who are interested in this type of shoe.

Good luck!

tray 06-03-2012 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hpfgirl (Post 15180974)

crunchy, i'm not familiar with the term :headscratch: ??? And yes from the standpoint of an animal rights activist I can see why, but not all believe that upcycling furs is a bad thing, some even believe its better than sitting in a landfill.I would not agree if I were to be buying sheets of fur new, but this was a vintage coat made booty lol I will post pics for those interested though :) and besides :) very warm lol especially when you live through Canadian winters. :giggle: