Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is this early labor? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401371)

mamanorsby 06-01-2012 08:47 AM

Is this early labor?

Bleah... So, I'm 40w2d, and I haven't had any real BH ctx, nor have I had any bloody show -maybe an uptick in discharge (TMI, sorry), but that's it. I woke up this morning feeling just terrible. Tired, a little nauseated, back ache, occasional abdominal cramps/pangs - not enough to call them ctx, but just enough to make me not want to move. Could this be early labor? Or just indigestion? People say you'll just know when ctx start, there won't be any doubt. But I've read a lot of birth stories where mamas were laboring through the night and didn't know it. What are your experiences?

cristy_1996 06-01-2012 10:00 AM

With DS1, I knew. With DS2they were only tightening ctx I thought were BH...they weren't...

mamanorsby 06-01-2012 10:13 AM

How long did it take you to figure it out?

Nerissa 06-01-2012 10:15 AM

Re: Is this early labor?

I was told that I would "know" too. Umm not so much. DS1 no contractions that I could feel but was having them according to monitor and high leak. What I thought were BH with DS2, since they were just annoying, not long and not interupting my day, were real contractions. I didn't realize until I had a Oh my stop in my tracks one, water broke with the next, DS2 was born 10 min later. Good thing I was already at the hospital for an regular appointment.

Basically if the cramps continue I would probably get checked out.

musicalmud 06-01-2012 10:25 AM

I'm in a similar boat, 40+2, a little bit of show this morning. Regular BH contractions (every 5-7 minutes) for weeks (on bedrest from 34-37). Contractions have gotten stronger when I was walking around, then would back off when resting. As of yesterday they are a bit stronger, feeling crampy, a little sick to my stomach. How exactly are we supposed to tell...

Nerissa 06-01-2012 10:47 AM

I was 36 and 37 weeks for the boys, so not even looking for contractions.

IDK what to tell you. Is this your first? Where are you delivering, hospital, birth center, home ect? Have you called your OB or MF and see what they think?

If it were me (based on my past experience with my labors) I would go get check out.

Nerissa 06-01-2012 10:48 AM

I was 36 and 37 weeks for the boys, so not even looking for contractions.

IDK what to tell you. Is this your first? Where are you delivering, hospital, birth center, home ect? Have you called your OB or MF and see what they think?

If it were me (based on my past experience with my labors) I would go get check out.

mamanorsby 06-01-2012 11:50 AM

That's wise. I have a mw appt this afternoon, so that's good. Feeling better after a nap... It could be that I'm just really amped up waiting for this baby, looking for any sign. Sigh...

bigmamakelsey 06-01-2012 12:15 PM

Sounds like it to me, but you never know. I just felt kind of crummy all day with a little bit of a nagging backache. I didn't believe I was in early labor at all. I went from basically that (which was nothing!) to hard labor all of the sudden. I had also been loosing my mucous plug all day though. It's different for everyone. A good indicator - take a warm bath. If the pain in your abdomen or back subsides, it's probably nothing. If it continues it might be earlier labor. GL mama!

EmilytheStrange 06-01-2012 04:54 PM

I didn't have any early labor. Is that weird? My waters broke and I still felt fine. Labor started after that.

My neighbor who was due 2 weeks before me had 3 days of early labor. But she had actual contractions and they kept trying to go to the hospital but she wasn't dilated enough do she kept getting sent home.

Anyways, good luck! I bet you're eager so I hope you are good to go!