Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How many BM's a day? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401457)

erkelly 06-01-2012 10:42 AM

How many BM's a day?

How many BM's does your child have a day, and how old are they?

My son would usually poop once in the morning. And maybe once later in the day. But usually just the one morning poop. But for the past month or so, he's been pooping 4-5 times a DAY! Is this normal? He's 23 months old.

my2sweets 06-01-2012 10:52 AM

My oldest has always been all over the place. Once or twice a day and then the next day she'd go 4times or more lol. While in diapers Id let her sit for 20mins or so b/c it took her a long time to get it all out sometimes. During a growth spurt or allergies/teeth she'd go 4-5 times a day. Dd2 on the other hand has never been a big pooper. Once or twice a wk when an infant. And now she still only goes 2 maybe 3 times a wk.

erkelly 06-01-2012 11:00 AM

Re: How many BM's a day?

Quote:

Originally Posted by my2sweets (Post 15183089)
My oldest has always been all over the place. Once or twice a day and then the next day she'd go 4times or more lol. While in diapers Id let her sit for 20mins or so b/c it took her a long time to get it all out sometimes. During a growth spurt or allergies/teeth she'd go 4-5 times a day. Dd2 on the other hand has never been a big pooper. Once or twice a wk when an infant. And now she still only goes 2 maybe 3 times a wk.

Hmm that's something I haven't thought of. I've been thinking DS might be going through a growth spurt. He has been eating a lot more lately and appears to be gaining weight (he's a really little guy). I wonder if this is all related.

On another note, I smell his 3rd poop of the day! Off to change....lol

TalkinBoutMyGirl 06-01-2012 04:20 PM

Once a day or so at that age.

EmilytheStrange 06-01-2012 04:22 PM

20months and I expect 3 poops a day. 4 is still common enough to be considered normal.

melyndie 06-01-2012 04:25 PM

Pooping a lot can be a sign of a food allergy, especially if the poop is really loose or burns the skin.

My DD is just turning 2 and poops 1-2 times a day. When she is reacting at something, she can poop 4-5 times, as you mentioned.

MDever 06-01-2012 04:31 PM

If the number of times had stayed consistent I would think that it is no problem at all. As crazy as it sounds because of the frequency he might actually be constipated. Just a thought.

sisu 06-01-2012 04:42 PM

DS is 2 and poops once or twice a day.

He self-weaned at 15 months and we started giving him a lot more milk. He went from 1-2 poops a day to 6-8. It was awful. We cut out milk and he went back to normal.

newtwinmom 06-01-2012 04:50 PM

My 20 mo olds are all over the place. Rarely do they only poop once. Usually it's more like 3ish but some days it's 5-6. They have been teething for like the last month plus we have been trying a few previously poorly tolerated foods again so I've been getting 6-8 nasty diapers a day between them.

erkelly 06-01-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarchMama2010
DS is 2 and poops once or twice a day.

He self-weaned at 15 months and we started giving him a lot more milk. He went from 1-2 poops a day to 6-8. It was awful. We cut out milk and he went back to normal.

Hmm this could be something too. DS self weaned a little over a month ago, so we've upped his milk consumption.