Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   2011 Due Daters (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=220)
-   -   ** May 2011 Mamas - June Chat** (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401774)

justineybean 06-02-2012 06:00 AM

** May 2011 Mamas - June Chat**

Another new month already! Let's hear updates and see new photos. :) Can't wait! I'll be back soon to share mine!

Zookeeper 06-02-2012 08:21 AM

Hi girls! Will try to update over my weekend :) I can't believe it is June!

watermelon 06-02-2012 01:08 PM

Re: ** May 2011 Mamas - June Chat**

Crazy recital weekend. I'm just taking a few minutes to relax before the wildness starts! I still have babies....nobody walking yet :giggle:. J is pulling up now and A is almost crawling...she kind of army crawls. Now that J moves so much she is way skinnier than A so to me they don't look anything alike! They are finally eating some finger foods...pasta, shredded cheese, peas...but still going strong with bottles. They can tolerate milk in food but not as a drink yet. No real words yet...just DaDa, Mama, and Hi. They do try to imitate their siblings words a LOT though. I LOVE this age. Not so much work but no sassiness yet!!! Well....they do have shaking their head "no" down pat.

justineybean 06-03-2012 08:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hello again! It's quiet in my house. Something new (and weird!) :giggle: Everyone's asleep so I thought I'd update. DD is not walking yet either. She's crawling and cruising well though. She has 8 teeth (4 on top; 4 on bottom). She still nurses a lot, both night and day. She claps, rocks her doll, tries to put shoes and hats on every chance she can, and eats little pieces of cheese (her favorite) and fruit along with yogurt. She won't drink anything from any type of cup--just spits it back out ( even breast milk). I'm puzzled! :giggle: here are a couple of Instagram photos because I'm on my phone. I'll post better ones later. One is her on the potty (she goes almost every morning when she wakes up) and one of her and my DS and also one of the doll I finally finished for her bday.

Rachel--can't wait to hear from you!!

Watermelon-- how did the recital go?? Sounds like your girls are doing really great! :hugs: I love the babbling that's going on around here lately too. It sure would be neat if all our babies could actually play together!

juliabell 06-04-2012 03:44 PM

Hi Everyone! June? It's raining here! Guess that's what you get in the Pacific NW!

Justine look at your little chubba baby! SO CUTE. I'm amazed at the potty already. DS just looks down when he pees in the bathtub but that's about all he's got going for him LOL. The doll looks great!

Got back from our "vacation" on the cruise. I think we learned a hard lesson that vacationing with kids ISN'T A VACATION. It was difficult. DS did really well at first but was nearing major meltdown near the end. Just got really tired since he wasn't sleeping well due to sleeping in a pack n play and the crazy rocking of the boat when we were out at sea. He's a really physical baby and there just wasn't a lot of space for him to move! We did see a lot of neat stuff and get to do some great things. They sang happy birthday to him in the dining room and the BEST part was I would give them his sippy to fill with milk and the waiter would bring it on a tray! So funny!

I've noticed since we got back he has more of an urge to try and stand and even thinks about walking. But still just cruising around. I try to limit the push walker stuff so he doesn't become dependent on it. He is doing a weird babble that just involves sticking his tongue out and in really fast. But we name a lot of stuff and he points at just about everything. Still loves eating. Is still long and lean - 20lbs and 31"! He is so funny and makes me laugh everyday. He gives lots of hugs and snuggles. Is nursing a lot better now than he was a few months ago.

That's about it! I feel like a need a vacation after our vacation, though. Kind of a bummer!

justineybean 06-04-2012 04:22 PM

Hi Julia! Welcome back!! I'm sorry your vacation was not very relaxing or what you hoped for! Glad you're home now and can rest (and catch up with us!) :) So cute about the sippy cup :giggle: thanks for the compliments on DD and the doll. ;) She is still super chunky although she seems to be stretching out more, so everyone has been telling me lately anyway. The potty was just a lucky coincidence the first time and now it's a morning routine. It's sort of like ECing more than potty training. Saves a diaper a day -- I'll take that. I'm always behind on laundry!

DS's last day of preschool was today. They had a family day so we went to spend the day with him & his class. It was so sweet!! I've been thinking a lot lately about that saying "the days are long but the years are short". Sigh. Anyway... Hope everyone had a nice Monday!!

juliabell 06-07-2012 04:06 PM

"The days are long but the years are short" - I'd never heard that before. It's very true! I was reorganizing some baby clothes bins and pulled out DS's newborn sleepers. So very wee and tiny. Adorable and cute and I got a little sniffley.

DS seems to be in a grouchy phase and isn't sleeping well at night either. I'm hoping things will settle in soon. I really think it's just refinding our rhythm.

Now that he is 1, I've decided to go back to work once a week (on Saturdays). I can't even explain how insanely happy that makes me. I miss using my brain!

justineybean 06-08-2012 07:57 AM

Julia, I think that's awesome you're going back to work if that's what you want to do. I sometimes want to have my own little business that I can spend time working on. I used to work as a recreational therapist. It was fun but I'm not sure I want to go back to it. What kind of work do you do?? I hope you and your DS find your rhythm again soon. :)

DD is trying to stand by herself. It's really cute -she's been practicing a while by walking on her hands and feet like a spider. :giggle: It's neat to watch her learning.

watermelon 06-09-2012 07:11 PM

Congratulations on your return to work Julia. That is exciting!

The baby girls are sick with a summer cold. They have produced so much snot today it is unbelievable and then A finally vomited a bunch of phlegm on me while I was rocking/snuggling her tonight. Whew it has been a day.

Cute cute pictures! I don't even know where our potty is...:giggle:

justineybean 06-10-2012 10:08 AM

Aww watermelon, I'm so sorry your babies are sick. DD and I are just getting over something too. Being sick in the summer especially stinks! Hope they feel better soon. :hugs:

I've been really wanting to pursue some of my own interests lately when I get time. I was curious what kind of hobbies you guys have when (if!!) you get a spare minute?? I really like sewing, I've been baking more lately, and I also love photography and I did decide to start a blog. :)