Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Anyone have kids 15-18 months apart? Pics? Advice? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1402463)

MyKzooFamily 06-03-2012 10:19 PM

Anyone have kids 15-18 months apart? Pics? Advice?

DD is only about to turn 3 months old, but we are very excited about adding to our family again. We want a 'larger' family, which to us is about 4 kids. :D I came from 7, and Lord bless my mother, I just couldn't do it. :giggle:

We are thinking of having #3 about 15-18 months apart from DD, as we don't want large spacing and we would like to finish our family sooner than later.

Anyone have kids 15-18 months apart? How did it go? How did big brother or sister do? Do you have pics you would like to share? Thanks!! :goodvibes:

brittbuceta 06-03-2012 10:40 PM

Re: Anyone have kids 15-18 months apart? Pics? Advice?

1 Attachment(s)
hey my boys are 18 months apart (3 months and 21 months). It's not easy at first especially if they're both in diapers. At first DS1 didn't want anything to do with DS2 cause he was used to all the attention but now they bond so well together cause the closeness in age. My oldest will always try to play with his brother and he's very helpful which is so nice :)

I couldn't do 7 either, your mother's a strong woman.

abunchoflemons 06-03-2012 11:19 PM

I was 15 to 16 months younger than my brother. We got along great. I usually tagged along to his stuff most my friends didn't live in neighborhood like his. I was a tomboyish girl so it helped. He first fought for attention it sounded like but as we got older it was great (we were adopted and that was why the close age for us)... it was a criteria point since I was older. I needed help medically. I think potty training should go well with close ages I saw with my cousin's kids. we still fought but also close. We used to team up for bath & night routine stuff too like with conferences....

doulamomma 06-03-2012 11:30 PM

1 &2 were 25 mo apart. piece of cake. 2&3 are 19 mo apart. kicked.my.butt. lol idk how much of it was just number three, and how much was the age gap, but we decided to space 3&4 closer to the 2 yr mark.

Sent from my droid using DS Forum

AfWife8405 06-03-2012 11:41 PM

My 1st (Nick) & 2nd are 22 months apart. My 2nd (Jack) & 3rd (Brooke) are 17 months apart. None of them were very difficult as babies and there was never really a stage were I felt like I was going to pull my hair out - well there were days, but not extended periods of time.

When a new baby joined the family, there would be some regression with the older kid(s) especially with potty training, but other than that it went smoothly. I think the most challenging part in the beginning was when we left the house with all the kids. Pull ups for one kids, diapers for two, bottles for baby, etc.

They are now 6, 4 & 3 and are all very bonded to one another, but Brooke is especially attached to Jack. Jack is starting kindergarten in August and I am actually a bit nervous about how Brooke will react to Jack being gone during the day.

Hillargh 06-04-2012 01:39 AM

About to be I'm this boat in Sept (15m apart). Subbing for tips and experiences!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DS Forum

nursemama23 06-04-2012 04:12 AM

Subbing! Due in January with#4, #3 will be 18 months if I make it to full term (dd3 was 8 weeks early)!

MyKzooFamily 06-04-2012 05:23 AM

I was 18 mos. apart from my younger sister, and she was 19 months apart from my next sister. My Mom keeps telling me #3 is easier than #2, but I'm doubting that.

My oldest was colicy, and #2 is a breeze. She is almost 3 months old and sometimes sleeps through the night already. Don't know if I'll be that lucky with #3. They are 3.5 years apart and I LOVE it. DS can entertain himself, or play with toys or play his video games when I'm busy with the baby. He pretty much does his own thing and is really independent. Not sure how this would be if I had a more needy older child. We just don't think we want to wait another 3.5 years to have #3. But when it comes to paying for daycare, going into school, buying a car, and paying for college, I think the 3.5 year gap would be nice. :blush:

nrsenadenos 06-04-2012 05:30 AM

Let's see, I have an 18, a 14, and then a 22 and 20 months spacing. I will have to come back later for pics. Personally 18 months was my favorite - 14 months was a little too close.

raisingcropsandbabies 06-04-2012 06:23 AM

I have 4 kids... their spacings are: 14 mos., 19 mos., and 17 mos. apart. The 3rd baby adjustment was the hardest, imo. #4 just kinda meshed right in (though the first few months were a whirlwind... good, but a whirlwind). But I enjoyed #3's babyhood the most. It was busy, busy, busy; but doable (the 3 boys were under 3 yrs. old). When #3 turned around 1-1/2 yrs. old, he kinda became the 3rd wheel to my 2 older boys (who are like twins), but now that he is 2 yrs. old... all 3 kids have been playing much better (that could have been an "all boy" thing too). And I know it will just get even better as #3 starts to be able to use his imagination more in play... he already is in love with his older brothers... wants to do everything they do, say everything they say.