Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Anyone hoping for/thinking twins? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1402555)

lisha622 06-04-2012 08:21 AM

Anyone hoping for/thinking twins?

There's usually one in every due date club. Who's it gonna be? Does anyone have twins that run in the family, or did anyone do fertility things that give you a higher chance of twins?

My chances are really low. There's always a tiny part of me that thinks it would be fun to have twins, but mostly I'd rather just have one. I learned that the birthing center I plan to deliver at doesn't allow twin births, so that really made me only want one.

brookglen 06-04-2012 09:12 AM

Re: Anyone hoping for/thinking twins?

For a while I thought twins might be nice, then my husband could get the big V and we could be done having kids (this baby making stuff was tough). It wouldn't be good though, I work and can't get all huge and go into labor early because I have to travel much of the time.

Katiesara 06-04-2012 12:44 PM

We did ivf to get pregnant and were given about a 50% chance of twins. I'm definitely hoping to see two heartbeats at our first ultrasound.

supergirljennie 06-04-2012 01:26 PM

I had an u/s last week at 4w3 and we saw one good sac and a shadow. The u/s tech mentioned the possibility of twins, especially with my high hcg levels. I'm having another u/s next Tues the 12th at 6w3 days... we should see then.

I have a family history of triplets on my mother's side, and I'm breastfeeding still (which studies indicate raise your chances 9x), and this is my 15th pregnancy (studies also indicate that your chances increase the more pregnancies you have).

I'm very torn. I hope to see 2 and I hope not as well. I carried twins as a surrogate 5 years ago and it's much rougher than a singleton pregnancy. I'll know in just over a week!

supergirljennie 06-04-2012 01:27 PM

I had an u/s last week at 4w3 and we saw one good sac and a shadow. The u/s tech mentioned the possibility of twins, especially with my high hcg levels. I'm having another u/s next Tues the 12th at 6w3 days... we should see then.

I have a family history of triplets on my mother's side, and I'm breastfeeding still (which studies indicate raise your chances 9x), and this is my 15th pregnancy (studies also indicate that your chances increase the more pregnancies you have).

I'm very torn. I hope to see 2 and I hope not as well. I carried twins as a surrogate 5 years ago and it's much rougher than a singleton pregnancy. I'll know in just over a week!

PinkInk 06-05-2012 01:33 PM

I have always hoped for twins. The first year may be hell but it's 2 babies = 1 pregnancy and when you don't have the most fun pregnancies, that's a darn good deal! I was a nanny for years for twin girls (from 1-5 years old) and I loved caring for them. I'm going to wait on going to my OB (I see an OB for my u/s, then transfer to midwife) until closer to 12 weeks pg, honestly those early appts are such a waste and I don't need this pg dated... so... we have a good 8 weeks til I know anything. No twins on my side though, just DH's side, which isn't supposed to help right?

Jen that's super exciting! I'd be super stoked on even just a shadow! And side note, how did you pick Milo for your littlest? I'm always so curious when I see other moms to Milo's!

supergirljennie 06-05-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkInk (Post 15201814)
I have always hoped for twins. The first year may be hell but it's 2 babies = 1 pregnancy and when you don't have the most fun pregnancies, that's a darn good deal! I was a nanny for years for twin girls (from 1-5 years old) and I loved caring for them. I'm going to wait on going to my OB (I see an OB for my u/s, then transfer to midwife) until closer to 12 weeks pg, honestly those early appts are such a waste and I don't need this pg dated... so... we have a good 8 weeks til I know anything. No twins on my side though, just DH's side, which isn't supposed to help right?

Jen that's super exciting! I'd be super stoked on even just a shadow! And side note, how did you pick Milo for your littlest? I'm always so curious when I see other moms to Milo's!

I'm excited for the prospect. Morning sickness has hit full force and makes me wonder if it really is twins. With my surro-twins, I was absolutely miserable with M/S from weeks 6-16 and then 20-till the end. I felt good for 4 weeks, lol.

I picked it for the meaning: calm. After my 3rd son, we needed some calmness in our lives! lol

PinkInk 06-05-2012 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergirljennie (Post 15201899)
I'm excited for the prospect. Morning sickness has hit full force and makes me wonder if it really is twins. With my surro-twins, I was absolutely miserable with M/S from weeks 6-16 and then 20-till the end. I felt good for 4 weeks, lol.

I picked it for the meaning: calm. After my 3rd son, we needed some calmness in our lives! lol

I am sick so much earlier than I have with the other two, we will see!

DH and I are so surprised how the name has suddenly taken off! DH chose it almost 20 years ago, after Milo Aukerman, the lead singer of the pop punk band, The Descendents. The band remained a huge influence in his life, he's now a punk musician and he even got to record his last album at the studio Milo started. When DH suggested Milo I had never met anyone with the name and wasnt a huge fan because I only thought of Milo & Otis, but I loved him (this was years before we conceived) and thought it was awesome he had a name picked already. Several times people have heard Milo, and asked if it was for Milo Aukerman, so I always ask too!

lisha622 06-05-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkInk (Post 15201814)
I'm going to wait on going to my OB (I see an OB for my u/s, then transfer to midwife) until closer to 12 weeks pg, honestly those early appts are such a waste and I don't need this pg dated... so... we have a good 8 weeks til I know anything.

I'm not going until 11 weeks either. I have healthy pregnancies thus far and I'm healthy, so I don't have any early u/s or any reason for concern, so we're waiting... last time, I went to the office twice where I just got poked and peed and filled out papers... boring! Hoping at 11 weeks there will be a nice heartbeat :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by supergirljennie (Post 15201899)

Yuck! I bet it would be hard to be that sick, but especially hard to be that sick with babies that you weren't keeping!! I hope if it is twins this time that you don't get so sick!!

brookglen 06-05-2012 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisha622 (Post 15203303)
I'm not going until 11 weeks either. I have healthy pregnancies thus far and I'm healthy, so I don't have any early u/s or any reason for concern, so we're waiting... last time, I went to the office twice where I just got poked and peed and filled out papers... boring! Hoping at 11 weeks there will be a nice heartbeat :)

Yuck! I bet it would be hard to be that sick, but especially hard to be that sick with babies that you weren't keeping!! I hope if it is twins this time that you don't get so sick!!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one waiting to go to the ob. I dont want to go until July, like 10 weeks. It's always a disaster when I go in early.