Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Dec (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=147)
-   -   Annoying comments? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1402616)

ctj101502 06-04-2012 11:55 AM

Annoying comments?

What are annoying comments for you while preggo.
For me
1. Oh twins run in our family so you could have them... OKAY, if that was my side saying this, but it is DHs and the mans side CANNOT pass on twins. It is all related to the female and how her egg splits. If it worked where the man determined how many babies were in womb then we would be preggo with millions of babes at once! LEARN YOUR SCIENCE PEOPLE!! I hear this every pregnancy

2. Are you SURE there aren't 2 in there.....NOPE just huggable fluffyness :banghead:

3. You know what causes that? NO- can you tell me?

4. Aren't you done yet? Nope I am gonna have them till you scream

5. How can you have more, I can't stand my 1- Umm cause I am in charge, not them...:giggle:

6.Kids are too expensive to have more than 1- Kids are as expensive as you make them

7. How are you going to pay for their college- same way mine was paid, worked hard, got scholarships and paid it myself w/ no help

8. You can't possibly have enought time to spend with each one- Actually I spend more time with mine than many do w/ their 1 or 2. We aren't running all day in the car traveling from event to event and we homeschool, I get lots of 1 on 1 time and love it

9. Glad it's you and not me- ME TOO!

10. What you aren't having twins, must be triplets- :jawdrop:

Anna0623 06-04-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Annoying comments?

I like all the ones you posted one i have heard is
How far along are you, you look ready to pop!(you still have another 2 months to go or more)
oh why did you decide to announce you where pregnant and your only 12 weeks along?( sorry we were excited to share our good news)
Oh i hope the 2nd one is a boy so you can stop having kids after this one!(wow did not realize thats why we decided to have another one so we could have one of each and be done!)
When I was pregnant....
Another thing i hate is anyone but dh and my dd coming over and rubbing my belly with out permission,( not currently pregnant but when i was with ds) Sorry I did not realize that because my belly stuck out so far it was free game for anyone.
i have more and the sad part is most of these have come from family!

LilandVivsMom 06-04-2012 01:18 PM

Pretty much everything annoys me when preggo. Lol. But for sure the "glad it's you and not me". I usually respond, "if it were you and not me, dh would be castrated".

LilandVivsMom 06-04-2012 01:37 PM

Oooh! And you know what else?? Whenever someone tries to one up me. If I complain of headaches, hearing someone tell me how they had migraines so bad it would put them in the hospital. I get it, you had a hard time, but don't ask me if your intention is not to be sympathetic. Jeez.

Scarlett's mommy 06-04-2012 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilandVivsMom (Post 15195921)
Pretty much everything annoys me when preggo. Lol. But for sure the "glad it's you and not me". I usually respond, "if it were you and not me, dh would be castrated".

:giggle2::giggle2::lostit: that is so funny

HaleysMommy 06-04-2012 07:22 PM

OMG what is with people touching bellies? Just because there's a baby growing inside my torso does not give you permission to touch it. Four months ago you wouldn't have had permission and you certainly do not now.

I had a lady at Walmart admonish me when DD1 was 5 months old about how I should be ashamed of myself for having two kids so close together. Uh .. I was just fat.

And last semester I was doing my student teaching and I had TWO different teachers ask me when I was due. Um ... just fat.

What about when they ask if you've picked out names? You tell them and then they trample all over your choices. I highly suggest choosing wacky names and faithfully referring to the baby as that throughout the pregnancy. It's very much amusing.

bezbabe 06-05-2012 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HaleysMommy (Post 15197749)
What about when they ask if you've picked out names? You tell them and then they trample all over your choices. I highly suggest choosing wacky names and faithfully referring to the baby as that throughout the pregnancy. It's very much amusing.

we "named" our now 5 yr old umberto bartholomew just to bug my sister...lol...and our last baby was swoop *click click* (the sound you make when you click your tongue on the roof of your mouth)...yeah, she thought we were REAL funny!

shastalocke 06-05-2012 10:22 AM

People seriously need a filter before they open their mouths. I got offered congratulations and asked when I was due AT LEAST 3 times a week before I went gluten free - um yeah, not pregnant, it's just an autoimmune disorder you ******! And when I was pregnant with DS it was a constant barrage of are you sure this is your first...are you sure it's not twins...are you sure they don't have your due date wrong? Yeah, I get it...I'm really fat...LAY OFF!!! It's not like we aren't already hormonal when we are pregnant and then to have to deal with these jerks is just about more than I can take. I'm 5 feet tall with a short torso...I'm gonna look big...there's nowhere else for the baby to go!!

holly6737 06-05-2012 11:13 AM

They're easy now. You just wait until they are teenagers! (Because we'd give them back?? what is the point of that comment? And who thinks 3 kids under 7 are easy?!)

my2sweets 06-05-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by holly6737
They're easy now. You just wait until they are teenagers! (Because we'd give them back?? what is the point of that comment? And who thinks 3 kids under 7 are easy?!)

People who dont have 3 kids under 7? lol