Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Moving to Norfolk, Virginia! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1403268)

MommyToTwoPrinces 06-05-2012 04:17 PM

Moving to Norfolk, Virginia!

We'll be moving to Norfolk in just a few short weeks! Hoping to meet some more CDing mama's there! :)

Timandalotte 06-07-2012 10:47 AM

Re: Moving to Norfolk, Virginia!

We're moving there too, in August! Any tips on finding a place? Lol.

MommyToTwoPrinces 06-07-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timandalotte (Post 15211962)
We're moving there too, in August! Any tips on finding a place? Lol.

Yayyyy :) Are you military by chance? I wish I had some advice for you, We're still having an issue finding a house

Sigkap714 06-07-2012 11:30 AM

I can't wait to go back to Norfolk, 2 more years to go. There's an awesome babywearing group for the area, and most of them cloth diaper. Cloth Diaper Junction is in Va Beach, too.

As for where to live, I have 1 major tip. Stay on that side of the bridge. Bridge traffic is insane and it's routinely over an hour to get over it. Even if you end up closer to Oceana, your commute to the Norfolk base will be shorter 90% of the time. We lived over by Mt. Trashmore and it was a decent area.

Timandalotte 06-07-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MommyToTwoPrinces (Post 15212095)
Yayyyy :) Are you military by chance? I wish I had some advice for you, We're still having an issue finding a house

Nope, we're actually moving back there so I can finish school at Old Dominion. I wanted to live close to campus but man, talk about crime! Good luck with your house hunt! We should cloth diaper together some time! :goodvibes:

MommyToTwoPrinces 06-07-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sigkap714 (Post 15212149)
I can't wait to go back to Norfolk, 2 more years to go. There's an awesome babywearing group for the area, and most of them cloth diaper. Cloth Diaper Junction is in Va Beach, too.

As for where to live, I have 1 major tip. Stay on that side of the bridge. Bridge traffic is insane and it's routinely over an hour to get over it. Even if you end up closer to Oceana, your commute to the Norfolk base will be shorter 90% of the time. We lived over by Mt. Trashmore and it was a decent area.

We'll still be there when you get there!! We're hoping to stay there the rest of my husband's career! :) Thanks for the housing tip! We're really hoping to find a house in Cheaspeake! I found the babywearers group! SO excited about finding that group!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timandalotte (Post 15213069)
Nope, we're actually moving back there so I can finish school at Old Dominion. I wanted to live close to campus but man, talk about crime! Good luck with your house hunt! We should cloth diaper together some time! :goodvibes:

Very exciting! Yes we should!!! :)

hilaryisinked 06-08-2012 12:33 PM

We live in Portsmouth! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

revolekim 06-08-2012 08:05 PM

We're in Portsmouth too. There are good areas, and it's more affordable than VB, Norfolk, or Chesapeake.
:wave: Hilary! ;)

Timandalotte 06-08-2012 09:34 PM

You guys happen to know of any decent affordable apartments in Portsmouth? :)

MommyToTwoPrinces 06-08-2012 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilaryisinked (Post 15217575)
We live in Portsmouth! :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Quote:

Originally Posted by revolekim (Post 15219480)
We're in Portsmouth too. There are good areas, and it's more affordable than VB, Norfolk, or Chesapeake.
:wave: Hilary! ;)

Yay more mama's! We should get together when I get there!!! :mrgreen: