Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Organic Formula (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1403411)

champatlife 06-05-2012 10:00 PM

Organic Formula

Does anyone use it? What brand? Is the shelf life just as long?

Would you use a brand of formula you really know anything about? I have this huge fear that if I used a brand that isn't regularly sold on shelfs that if there was a recall I wouldn't hear about it. I saw similac now sells organic formula, so I'm thinking it ight be a "safer" option than just a brand I find online.

This will be the first baby I don't exclusively breastfeed, so I'm having some anxiety about it.

Hungry Caterpillar 06-05-2012 10:34 PM

Re: Organic Formula

I used similac organic. It worked well for us until we had to switch to a rice starch one for GERD. My pedi specifically advised against Baby's Only and I picked similac over Earth's Best because it is found more places. I would recommend it.

I liked the recall knowledge aspect of it too and set up a google alert for it. More obvious word than Earth's Best for a google alert :giggle:

seacat 06-06-2012 12:14 PM

We did EBF for the first year, but I had a picky toddler and got pregnant at 13 months and my supply dumped. I used Baby's Only for a year (its not just for toddlers). The company has been in business a really long time, its the first organic formula and it doesn't smell bad. I never really stock piled it. I just bought every two weeks and it lasted just fine.

delladea 06-06-2012 04:17 PM

I currently use Baby's Only. None of the grocery stores nearby sell it, I have to drive into Austin to get it from a health food store if I'm in a pinch. You can order it by the case for a little less than most stores sell it, and get free shipping. The company will send you a free sample if you request it. DD loves it, and it actually smells good compared to other formulas we've tried.

triscuitsmom 06-08-2012 05:22 PM

Whatever you get I'd not get a lot until you try it out. My only baby to have formula I wanted organic and so I bought a whole case of Baby's Only as Similac doesn't come in organic here (Canada).

I ordered it and it was shipped to me (which is why I bought a whole case because I couldn't get it locally). It gave my son horrible horrible poop and made him so uncomfortable. We switched to regular Similac and he was fine but I had a whole case of BO I ended up throwing out because noone local to me needed it. Terrible waste of money.

kindchen 06-10-2012 09:46 AM

Walmart has an organic formula that is much cheaper than all the other options.

babycat42 06-10-2012 09:59 AM

We used baby's only and it work great for us. Ds's poop was actually similar to what it was when he was exclusively nursed. which to me means that his body was able to digess it similar to breast milk.

triscuitsmom 06-10-2012 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babycat42
We used baby's only and it work great for us. Ds's poop was actually similar to what it was when he was exclusively nursed. which to me means that his body was able to digess it similar to breast milk.

That's how regular Similac was for Malachi. Baby's Only made it bright green and terribly painful for him to pass. Amazing how they are all do different.

MrsSaraKate 06-13-2012 03:02 PM

We use Earth's Best. I order it through Amazon Subscribe and Save. It's cheaper than buying it locally. I've made sure to follow them on Facebook and a few other outlets to keep up with the company in case it gets recalled. It suggests on the can to use within 30 days.

ohio_mama05 06-17-2012 05:36 PM

I used Similac Organic with both my kids and they did fine on it. :)