Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Selling to someone with no feedback? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1403844)

katkat 06-06-2012 10:56 PM

Selling to someone with no feedback?

I have a buyer interested in some of my items who is not registered FSOT seller and doesn't have any ratings and less than 25 posts, but has been registered for over a year. It is still ok to sell to them as long as I do it through Paypal, correct? Just wanted to check :blush:

2+2macht4 06-06-2012 11:39 PM

Re: Selling to someone with no feedback?

You once came on DS and made your first purchase correct? You also made your first saleo ne day too.

New buyers are fine. If you are concerned add on some cheap insurance and you are fully covered in the rare event it gets lost in the mail or DC does not update.

However, all you need is DC and you are fine.

No need to be concerned.

Kabuki24 06-07-2012 06:35 AM

It makes me a little nervous but once you have the PP funds I guess it's like selling to anyone else. I once sold to someone that didn't have any feedback and barely any posts, sent her the diaper, she told me when she got it the package was ripped open and no diaper. I still don't know whether to believe her or not. I refunded her money plus $5 (because I felt so bad) and didn't even get a thank you... I wonder if I was scammed.

I just wish new people would at least spend a week or two reading forums (especially stickys on how to buy and sell, etc) and posting, that would make me way more comfortable before purchasing on here.

Mac & Cheeses mom 06-07-2012 06:49 AM

I have no problem selling to them. I had to start somewhere. Just this week I had 2 new buyers.

One used an echeck. We waited for the check to clear and her diapers go out today. She was very understanding of it.

The second sent payment quickley, and I kind got nervious. The payment was funded so no biggy. I have them in a package to be sent out today also.

I have been the person on the other end when things get damaged in the mail. I really lost half my money that transaction was offered a partial refund, and was never given one. No biggy though. Insure the package if you are nervious, but if it says it has been delevered in the dc, then pp will most often side with the seller. That is why we ship the way we do to protect ourselves as sellers/ buyers. Use your gut.

hilaryisinked 06-07-2012 08:52 AM

We all have to start somewhere :). The only people I am wary of are brand new sellers who list huge lots as their first items. It just makes me nervous.

~happy2Bamommy~ 06-07-2012 09:02 AM

I love selling to newbies!

Just get DC and you are golden. If she buys a lot, I'd get insurance too just for my protection as a seller in the event the package gets lost or damaged