Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=109)
-   -   Calling PA DE & NJ mommies. (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404482)

thealmightyme 06-08-2012 12:10 PM

Calling PA DE & NJ mommies.

Hi,

I'll be moving to the area soon. Is there anything I should know about the area?

I am from the West coast, so I'm sure this will be culture shock for me, and I don't know anyone in the area. I have no family there either.

What can you tell me? Advice ect. I am looking for work. I am a radiology/mammography tech, but I don't know any staffing agencies in the area.

I have a CD business and am thinking of opening a CD store, but don't have any clue if it's a good idea or not.

Any words of wisdom would be helpful thanks,

Katrina

3 ladybugs 06-08-2012 12:31 PM

Re: Calling PA DE & NJ mommies.

Last I checked (which was a few years ago) there is no CD store in Philly or south Jersey. I didn't look into Deleware as I live in central Jersey and don't go that far south unless on vacation.

I think it would be nice if you could get a few diapers in women's health stores (like the kind that rent breast pumps and such) that are attached to hospitals. I got a TON of stuff from the one that is attached to Pennsylvania hospital (in Philly). I think there is a store like this in the Upenn, CHOP area too... I know there is one for cancer patients in the Perelman center (across the street from Upenn and CHOP). I don't know about other hospitals as those are the 2 I mainly deal with. :giggle2:

Good luck with your move!

thealmightyme 06-08-2012 07:05 PM

Thanks

havingfun 06-11-2012 01:01 PM

Hi mama!
What area are you moving to? I am in Central PA, near Harrisburg.

thealmightyme 06-11-2012 04:53 PM

We are looking at Garnet Valley areas, and Bear or Wilmington DE.

hbee 06-11-2012 07:32 PM

Me too! Sort of, I used to work there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by havingfun (Post 15232029)
Hi mama!
What area are you moving to? I am in Central PA, near Harrisburg.

barnone 08-09-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thealmightyme (Post 15233455)
We are looking at Garnet Valley areas, and Bear or Wilmington DE.

Hi! We are in West Chester. Did you move yet? Where did you end up?? We definitely need a CD store in the area. Birthmark used to be a good one inMedia but they closed.
I'd also love to meet up with some CDing, Babywearing, BFing mamas- not many around here!

Hope the move went well.
Barbara

thealmightyme 08-11-2012 02:02 PM

Unfortunately, DH got a job offer here that we couldn't turn down. We stayed in Los Angeles.

Sole725 09-09-2012 08:58 PM

Darn - I got all excited. I just came on to see if anyone was in my area (Wilmington, DE) and thought I might have somewhere to get some cloth diapers in person. Oh well, I would have stayed in LA over DE too :)

thealmightyme 09-09-2012 10:43 PM

Sorry we won't be able to diapers in person. I would liked to have done a store.