Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Post c-section internal tear (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404815)

wordmama 06-09-2012 10:31 AM

Post c-section internal tear

Has anyone ever torn their muscle/ incision site after a c-section? My neighbour's dog bowled me over yesterday with my newborn in my arms. My baby was unharmed but the right side of my incision site is really painful now (almost 3 weeks postpartum) and puffy. No blood or redness. The pain is getting progressively worse I'd say. I'm worried that I may have torn some of my internal stitches (I have a T incision internally due to complications).

I did page my midwife office but the young, inexperienced midwife called back and focussed just on infection symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

2+2macht4 06-09-2012 10:44 AM

Re: Post c-section internal tear

Yes it can happen get it checked asap.

qsefthuko 06-09-2012 10:44 AM

I did tear my incision open a couple of weeks after birth. I took it easy, made sure it was kept clean and dry. It closed back up again but was sore for a few days.

You can get it checked out by the doctor if you want. The main problem if you are not losing blood is infection setting in. If it is still hurting and getting worse I would probably see about seeing your obgyn. Also since it is reopened you probably want to take it easy for a few days the same as you would have done when you first came home from the hospital.

If you have the overhanging tummy problem(I do) you can lay flat on your bed and use a hair dryer set on low to dry out the incision site.

I am glad the baby is ok.

wordmama 06-09-2012 01:05 PM

Thanks ladies. To clarify, the incision itself didn't split, but I'm worried the muscle layer underneath has.

holly6737 06-09-2012 02:06 PM

Hmm, I don't know. I'd want to talk to another midwife, though. I'm a young, inexperienced midwife myself, so I understand she was probably trying to sound like she knew what she was talking about when she really had no idea. But the appropriate thing for her to do would have been to call her senior. It's not often that you see a T incision.

marliah 06-09-2012 05:01 PM

No advice momma, but wow I am sorry that happened to you :hugs: I would certainly want an experienceD person to talk to if I were you though. Is there anyone else you can call?

this_mel_rocks 06-09-2012 05:09 PM

I would probably call her again and ask to speak to the senior MW or go get seen to make sure. Pain and swelling doesn't sound good. :hugs:

Catbutt Diapers 06-09-2012 05:14 PM

I think your best bet would be to go speak to a OB or Dr, rather than an inexperienced midwife. Increasing pain and puffy/redness is NOT a good sign.

mabelinoad 06-09-2012 05:20 PM

I don't see why an internal incision COULDN'T tear, if the trauma was enough to the area y'know? But I'm not sure how they would judge that, since they can't see it? Maybe ultrasound? :hugs: im sure its painful!

wordmama 06-09-2012 07:52 PM

Thanks all. If it's the same/worse tomorrow, I might haul my butt down to the ER (don't have an OB). I guess I'm just praying that it's just a strain that will heal itself.