Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   When to pack the "Go Bag?" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1404990)

Michelle_M 06-09-2012 07:27 PM

When to pack the "Go Bag?"

This is my fourth baby, so you think I'd have this figured out. LOL

With DS1, I was induced unexpectedly at 37 weeks. Thankfully my bag was ready to go, and was in the car when we found out they'd be inducing me the next morning... I went in for a really bad headache, which turned out to be crazy high blood pressure (kept going up each week) and they admitted me then told me that they'd induce me in the morning.

I don't remember when I had the bags packed for DS2 or DS3.

I'm 25 weeks today.. so I know I have a little time... just trying to figure out when to have the bag packed and in the car.

Thoughts?

God bless!

Catbutt Diapers 06-09-2012 07:58 PM

Re: When to pack the "Go Bag?"

I have no clue. But I've had mine packed (mostly) from 37 weeks. The car seat isn't in the car, but it is in the entry way ready to go.

KB'sMama1031 06-09-2012 08:12 PM

go ahead and do it now if you feel up to it! :) I remember feeing increasingly exhausted throughout the last trimester, so IMO if you have the energy to do it, you can have peace of mind that it is already done!
Maybe just have it ready by the door for now, so it doesn't get too hot in the car?

Michelle_M 06-09-2012 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catbutt Diapers (Post 15223598)
I have no clue. But I've had mine packed (mostly) from 37 weeks. The car seat isn't in the car, but it is in the entry way ready to go.

Ohh I need to get the car seat out of the storage unit! Oh gosh.. we need to get a van.... Not as simple :banghead:

Quote:

Originally Posted by KB'sMama1031 (Post 15223672)
go ahead and do it now if you feel up to it! :) I remember feeing increasingly exhausted throughout the last trimester, so IMO if you have the energy to do it, you can have peace of mind that it is already done!
Maybe just have it ready by the door for now, so it doesn't get too hot in the car?

Yeah, I'm about a week and a half away from my 3rd trimester and I'm already exhausted. Good point.... I need to pick a few things up next paycheck.

God bless!

mabelinoad 06-09-2012 08:35 PM

:popcorn: 36 weeks...guess I should get it started! :)

psylion 06-10-2012 08:13 AM

I think I'm going to do mine between 20-22 weeks. I know so many twin moms that wound up on hospital bedrest around then. I am superstitious so I imagine that if I'm prepared that awful stuff won't happen to me.

Puimomma 06-10-2012 08:48 AM

Im 33wks and just getting my hospital bags started.

Amanda+2 06-10-2012 11:23 AM

For the twins I had it ready at 30 Weeks. This time round I started at about 29 Weeks after a quick trip to l&d with contractions. But I still have more things to put in. but if I have to go in I have enough to survive.

I'm not leaving mine in the car, everything will melt!

crunchymom2b 06-10-2012 03:09 PM

I don't think I packed a bad period with DS. My water broke at about 9pm and I just threw some stuff in a bag and we left 30 minutes later. DF's parents brought my computer and ods and ends the next day. I did have the diaper bag packed and ready though.

This time I'm def. going to have a bag started at least. Underwear, socks,tshirts, etc can stay in. But I can't leave clothes sitting in a bag- I need to wear them! lol.

Tina5834 06-10-2012 03:45 PM

With baby #4 I didn't have a bag packed because I thought I had a week or 2 before I would need it. So I was in absolute pain and contracting every 2 minutes walking through the house getting my stuff ready. I had 2 pairs of undies and no go home clothes! The bay had whatever outfit I grabbed out of her closet. Thankfully it was cute! So I'm gonna be ready by 37 weeks this time.