Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ways to start labor or encourage it! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140598)

sandrabees 05-01-2007 07:22 PM

ways to start labor or encourage it!

Ok guys, I am miserable... I remember feeling this way with the other 2 pg's by the end as well... but now this is the 3rd I am due in 3 wks... 1-2cm and 75% effaced, baby is low, head down, right there... I just hurt , can't sleep, etc etc... and I am sooooo irritable!

I have had contractions on and off for the past week... Had an u/s today and the baby is estimated to be 6 lb 10 oz 21" long... good size... and Dr asked if I wanted to be induced... I said no... and then left the office kicking myself cause I am so miserable!

Hubby and I have been on different pages the past few weeks and barely even talking or carrying on a conversation,partly b/c I am sooo miserable and he has absolutely no concern or compassion for how I am feeling... I have had NO break at all from my other 2 kids... he has not helped to anything baby preparations even things I have asked him to do...

I suggested DTD tonight (which we haven't done in like3-4wks!) and he said nope I was cut off... I guess to be mean ???

I am considering walking up and down my stairs.... will that help?? Any siuggestions? anything else that may help kick start labor???

mom2kdmb 05-01-2007 07:23 PM

Re: ways to start labor or encourage it!

:lostit: masturbate :lostit: orgasm can induce contractions!

Tangy 05-01-2007 07:26 PM

Due just two days after you so I feel your pain!!!

momahaylie 05-01-2007 07:31 PM

im due in 9 weeks so im starting to feel the same way.

i dont know any tips, maybe try google

beadmom 05-01-2007 07:35 PM

My midwife suggests red rapsberry tea and evening primrose supplements. I also heard tomorrow night is a full moon, maybe that will help. I'm hoping that's the case for me, I'm 38 weeks today.

prissygirls 05-01-2007 07:35 PM

You seem a little earlier to do this but it may work. Caster oil. I took it with my 3rd but he was 5 days late. I took 1 tablespoon every hour (3 total) with a glass of oj. It worked and was not as bad as being induced with pit!

sandrabees 05-01-2007 07:40 PM

where do you get castor oil? is it in the herbal dept or something with vitamins???

sandrabees 05-01-2007 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beadmom (Post 1030165)
My midwife suggests red rapsberry tea and evening primrose supplements. I also heard tomorrow night is a full moon, maybe that will help. I'm hoping that's the case for me, I'm 38 weeks today.

Oh yes, I know the full moon tomorrow and am soooo hoping!!! my original due date was the 14th and they pshed it back to the 23rd early on cause I measured small... but I always measured small with my other as well.

Need sex! LOL!

ndunn 05-01-2007 07:44 PM

Maybe not what you want to hear but I'd just stick it out. Ultrasound estimates on weight can be VERY innaccurate. Your baby will come when he/she is ready :goodvibes:
In the mean time, swimming can be a nice thing to do to take the weight off for an hour or so. I also found yoga or other relaxation techniques helpful in my last 3 weeks.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Mommy2LivandNoah 05-01-2007 07:58 PM

Actually, my mother is a midwife and castor oil is not recommended very much anymore due to babies having issues with it. Not only does it make mommy poo, but sometimes it induces baby to poo too..and that is not good! Nipple stimulation works wonders!! You can go about that however you choose(ie. yourself with hand, hubby, or a pump), Red raspberry leaf tea isn't proven to induce woman but sometimes it does, and even if it doesn't, its great for your uterus and toning it...hope this helps! Also, you could have your dr/midwife strip your membranes..it put me into labor after 2 days.