Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DD hates the new stroller! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406332)

mommabritt 06-12-2012 07:42 PM

So, I finally made my choice and bought 2012 City Mini. I LOVE it, it's awesome. The only thing I don't love is the harness but whatever. Problem is, dd seems to hate it. Every time she is been in it within minutes she is flipping around sideways crying and wanting out. She leans sideways in the seat also, like sea unsupported. She did not do this in our Chicco Cortina. I know it's normal to go through a phase of not wanting to be restrained and I do babywear frequently and she enjoys that. She is learning to walk also so that may be a cause.

I guess my question is, could she really have a dislike for this stroller? Maybe it's uncomfortable for her? Have your kids ever shown a preference for one stroller over another? Not having a stroller isn't an option, there are times I need to use it. I also prefer to not have just a little $10 umbrella stroller, I like my stroller to be versatile. I'm selling my Cortina as Dh hates how bulky it is and the fold.

Advice or suggestions welcome, for the baby and/or a stroller should I decide to return it (the stroller ;) ).

Thanks!!

pcjs 06-12-2012 08:11 PM

Re: DD hates the new stroller!

Return it. Yup, she could hate it. I always took my son to stroller and car seat shopping. He'd have very strong opinions.

Aingeru 06-12-2012 08:22 PM

My DS did have a very strong preference for one of our 2 strollers. But also when he was learning how to walk, he refused to ride in it, even his beloved Vista, he had complete meltdowns when I tried to put him in it. After a few weeks of testing his independence, he was fine with riding again. Oh an dI always tested the stroller with him in it in the store to make sure he looked comfy.

mommabritt 06-12-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pcjs
Return it. Yup, she could hate it. I always took my son to stroller and car seat shopping. He'd have very strong opinions.

Did he show his preferences at such a young age? Dd will only be just 10 months on Saturday.

mommabritt 06-12-2012 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aingeru
My DS did have a very strong preference for one of our 2 strollers. But also when he was learning how to walk, he refused to ride in it, even his beloved Vista, he had complete meltdowns when I tried to put him in it. After a few weeks of testing his independence, he was fine with riding again. Oh an dI always tested the stroller with him in it in the store to make sure he looked comfy.

See, this is what gets me. She's not protesting being held or worn or even the carseat. Just the stroller.

Is there a body pillow of some sort that could provide more support and give her more security? I reallllly want to like it.

sunshine_mama 06-12-2012 08:32 PM

My DD hates our city mini. I think it just isn't very comfy for babies - my boys were fine in that stroller, I bought it when #1 was 3 and #2 was almost 2.

mommabritt 06-12-2012 08:46 PM

Well I'm looking for a support cushion to set in but I'm glad it's not just me! It really doesn't seem to be made for babies.

EmilytheStrange 06-12-2012 08:57 PM

My daughter has a strong preference between our two strollers. Luckily the one she prefers is the jogging stroller. I only keep the other one because it can hold the bucket carseat if we have another child.

and yes, she showed this preference under a year.

mommabritt 06-12-2012 09:11 PM

Curious to know what strollers the other young ones don't like and why?

pcjs 06-12-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommabritt (Post 15240873)
Did he show his preferences at such a young age? Dd will only be just 10 months on Saturday.

Yup. I took him shopping with me for most of the baby gear and he had strong preferences from the start as we had almost nothing. At a few weeks, he picked his swing and bouncy seat. I'd just put him in it as I didn't want to buy/return. He pitched a fit at the bumbo at Target but I thought they were cute and I bought one anyway and that was when I learned to listen to him. We got lucky with the first two of the car seats, but after that I took him shopping for most of them. He had very strong opinions. I'd just set the ones I liked on the floor and see if he'd climb in them/sit in them. A few he wouldn't even go near. Same with strollers. At six months, he had strong opinions on strollers when we switched out of the snap and go. We'd take cruises around the store. Then I got another one (I had the Quinny Zapp)/the Uppa about 8-10 months ago, I forget and we both went again and he'd just not get in them or pitch a fit. We both agreed on the Uppa as he pitched a fit when I took him out and tried another one. He's that way with shoes and other things too. Some stuff he cares about and others he doesn't. It entertains me but I can see how it can be very frustrating too.

Just consider her a smart little girl and listen to her as she's probably right on these things.

The two umbrella strollers we liked were the Chicco (I forget which one but it was the middle one) and the Uppa but the Uppa was lighter and cheaper so I went with that one. The backs are firmer and sit more upright. He seemed to sleep regardless of a recline so I never worried about getting one.

Look on the city mini website - they have a back support insert that may help. I didn't like them though I really wanted to for many reasons at at the time that was one.