Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   EC - Elimination Communication (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   What does your baby wear? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406392)

lilcago 06-12-2012 10:07 PM

What does your baby wear?

This is the second week with EC'ing and putting on and taking off diapers is getting tiring. I use mostly prefolds with a snappi and sometimes they are pined. It seems like it just takes so much to take them off every time.:banghead:

what do you do/ whats your set up?

chandni3 06-13-2012 02:21 PM

Re: What does your baby wear?

I like Mother-ease Sandies without a cover and babylegs if it's cold. Sandies are easy to put on and take off yet hold a lot and the baby can still feel when she/he's wet.

SeaChellsRun 06-13-2012 02:23 PM

Depends on my mood!

When we're hanging out together, nursing etc then she's laying on a pf. Same thing when she's on the floor or in her chair. The chair is covered with a fleece blanket so it doesn't get pee on it. In the carrier sometime I'll put on a thick fitted or place a pf under her bottom. She has sharts so no totally nakee time in the carriers!

Since dd has always been pooping in the potty since 2 weeks old (besides the sharts) and nights have been dry I'm considering letting her sleep without diaper ontop of a sheepskin.

She's wears dresses or tops, no bottoms now that it's summer. When cooler she has leggings on. There's baby underwear but since I only have one pair I don't reach for it. Though considering getting more.

With dd1 when she was mobile she was in GMs or LBs, no cover. In underwear at 12mo.

SageR 06-13-2012 02:29 PM

We just use a tee shirt and some babylegs at home. When we are out or a night I use covers and don't try to catch pees. I can get everything off in time to catch poops.

If you are using pfs perhaps try a prefold belt. It is basically just wide elastic covered with some kind of fabric. Rather than having to undo the whole diaper you can just pull the front of the prefold down to expose everything. They are very simple to make but you might be able to find one on EC Wear or a similar site.

NooneeWilga 06-13-2012 04:10 PM

We started with terry flats and a snappi at home and quickly moved to just threading it through her legs before she got mobile. As soon as she was mobile I used OneWet training pants because they were so much easier to pull down and up for pottying, while still providing a little absorbency if I missed her signs. And she didn't have to lay on her back to have them put back on!

lilcago 06-13-2012 09:34 PM

Thanks for all the Ideas, I had been looking around and saw the prefold belt, some baby chaps and split pants. I really wanted to know what works for other families so I can decide what to do/ get, I still have a lot of misses, but I get so encouraged with the catches, I'm still learning his signals, and we go to the potty a lot :chuckle:

jessicah 06-15-2012 09:45 PM

Before my babies are mobile I always think prefolds are easiest:
1.they are cheap...so you can use a lot if you have a lot of misses
2.easy to change baby while baby is laying down.
3. can pe folded into a cover if you need a quick waterproof diaper.

But once they are mobile my favorites are motherease sandies, ecapants, or gerber trainers. Ecapants are nice b/c the diaper never needs to come off for potty trips.

If cold, pair it with babylegs, fleece, wool pants, or split pants.

If hot no cover/pants.

There are times we leave the diaper off completely,too, for quicker back and forth potty trips.

dangerbunny 06-19-2012 04:40 PM

I use prefold in a cover, it is quick and easy to take on and off.

Mom2jandb 06-19-2012 08:33 PM

I am new to EC, but Tinkle Traps and a snappi are pretty quick, my fave so far. TTs are prefolds sewn like a contour diaper. This is for a 6-week old.

Kcm1535 07-12-2012 01:36 AM

At home we mostly use fitteds or a prefold w/ a snappi. I find that the easiest setup so we can a) get them off quickly when it's time to go, and b) so i can tell easily when we've had a miss. I add a wool soaker on top for naps, and a thinner wool cover on top if I need him to be more waterproof