Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pumping Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Please help....Freaking OUT! What is going on??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406424)

KatieGrace 06-13-2012 03:10 AM

Please help....Freaking OUT! What is going on???

Update Post # 11
I'm pumping as I type this. It's 4:52 am and I'm freaking out. I started back to work a few weeks ago. Everything has been going great with pumping. I'm working from 7:30-2 pm and he's been eating about 9 oz while I'm gone. I've been pumping between 14-16 oz. I was pumping around 10:00 am and getting 8-10 oz at the first pumping and again around 3:00 pm to get the rest. That's been working well for 2 weeks. Well, yesterday, I noticed that I wasn't pumping as much. I pumped 7.5 oz around 10am yesterday and then pumped again at 2:00pm and only got about 4 oz. So, last night, I came home and fed baby, went on about my night and then pumped around 9:00 for an hour on and off to get enough let downs to get the rest. I ended up with 15 oz total yesterday, so I felt ok that I had pumped what I needed. I nursed baby to sleep as usual last night. Well, I just woke up and realized he slept through the night...and my boobs aren't engorged. This is the first time that's happened when he's slept through the night. So, I immediately went to get my pump. I've been pumping for almost 15 minutes and I've gotten nothing but a few drops. I have no idea what's going on here and I am freaking out!!! My biggest fear is that I won't be able to keep my supply up. I nursed my daughter for 3 years, so this is HUGE for me. I HAVE to be able to do this. I know I'm probably overreacting, but in his 3.5 months of life, this is the first time this has happened. This also never happened with my daughter. The day before yesterday, I did go a little longer in between pumpings, but I still pumped what I needed to for the day with no problems...that wouldn't cause this, would it? I know they say that your boobs not feeling full doesn't mean you don't have milk, but with him not waking up to eat, and my boobs not feeling full really has me freaked out. It just hasn't happed before. I'm going to go get some More Milk today. I'm hoping that maybe it's just because my period is coming back soon, but I am in tears. (Which I know isn't helping my supply, either) Has anyone gone through this??? I am terrified that my milk is drying up. :cry::cry:

HisFadedStar 06-13-2012 06:11 AM

Have you taken any cold medicine? That can dry up supply.

Powersmom 06-13-2012 06:48 AM

Re: Please help....Freaking OUT! What is going on???

Is it possible to call into work. You may not be getting anything because you are so stressed.i didn't pump all the time but when I did if I was stressed I couldn't get anything even if I had plenty of milk! Try relaxing make some oatmeal cookies, or take fenugreek if you think your supply is low. Poor mama! Hang in there. You've done a great job so far! Hugs

KatieGrace 06-13-2012 07:30 AM

No cold medicine and I can't call in...I did end up getting 6oz this morning before leaving the house. I'm gonna try to calm down but I'm so upset... I didn't drink a lot yesterday and I usually eat oatmeal for breakfast and didn't the past 2 days so I'm hopIng maybe that's the issue. I had no problems pumping for my daughter...I really hope this is just temporary. I'm usually starting to feel full around this time and so far I'm not. I'm about to pump again so hopefully i will get at least 6 oz. ugh.

Nerissa 06-13-2012 07:48 AM

((HUGS))). Try to calm down first of all. I know if I was super stressed I didn't get much pumping. I am completely impressed and jelous of how much you currently pump. I would pump every three hours to get enough for the next day. I also started setting my alarm for midnight to pump when the boys started sleeping through the night. It was around 3.5/4 months.

I hope eating more oatmeal and drinking helps today.

I worked 6:30-2:30 (leave the house at 6am). I always woke the baby up at 5:30 to nurse and then pumped while I drove to work. 8:30, 11:30, 1:30 were my pumping sessions at work. I would do one pump about an hour after baby went to bed around so 10pmish.

MrsSaraKate 06-13-2012 09:17 AM

This may be a long shot, but could you be getting ready to start your period? I know some ladies see a dip around this time of the month. It does eventually go back up.

Edit: I just realized you mentioned this at the bottom of your post. I hope it's just that.

KatieGrace 06-13-2012 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrsSaraKate (Post 15243111)
This may be a long shot, but could you be getting ready to start your period? I know some ladies see a dip around this time of the month. It does eventually go back up.

Edit: I just realized you mentioned this at the bottom of your post. I hope it's just that.

Me too! He has been sleeping longer at night... I pumped almost 6 oz at 9:30... Usually it's 9 oz. I'm gonna pump again in a bit. I hate working and pumping. Its so stressful and things were going well so far so i thought I may have it easy this go round.

jmoon 06-13-2012 10:48 AM

Try not to stress! I know I had trouble letting down when I was stressed. I found taking a hot shower would really help get the milk flowing! I hope it all works out for you! God bless!

heathsmommi 06-14-2012 11:39 AM

breathe, chug water, breathe again, chill, breathe again, and pump. Just chillax :) You are doing great! The stress can influence your supply and if you are not taking in a lot of water and are exhausted,.... that can affect it too !

mamma_z 06-21-2012 10:41 AM

My supply really leveled off around 12 weeks--I no linger woke engorged or needed to wear breast pads, perhaps that's all you're going through?