Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Vitamins? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1406443)

haddockhouse 06-13-2012 06:31 AM

Vitamins?

What kind are you taking??
I've never been great about taking my vitamins. Although, I do take Vit D on a regular basis. I have a pretty crunchy IRL friend who never took Prenatals bc she said she just "wasn't sure about everything in them"... so that kinda got me thinking. Do you all take Prenatals? Or just a variety of other vitamins?
Tell...

lisha622 06-13-2012 07:10 AM

Re: Vitamins?

I take prenatals but I'm not good about vitamins either so I always get "kid" kinds haha... my prenatals are gummies and I also take calcium pills which are caramels. haha. Hey, it makes me take them!

peaches330 06-13-2012 08:05 AM

I'm bad with vitamins too but I feel so much better physically when I take them. I've been taking Rainbow Light Women's vitamins but have their prenatal one a day on the way. From what I've seen there's only a few slight differences between the two. I have always been iffy about a lot of regular vitamins but I really like the food based ones. They make me feel so much better.

808mamaof3 06-13-2012 11:12 AM

I've been taking prenatals and a calcium supplement since we started ntnp. My ob recc'd it for ttc, pg, and breastfeeding

rachaeljohnson 06-13-2012 11:15 AM

i have been taking a multi for women and can't decide if it's worth switching to a prenatal...

808mamaof3 06-13-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rachaeljohnson
i have been taking a multi for women and can't decide if it's worth switching to a prenatal...

I think as long as there is folic acid or you take a DHA supplement you're good to go...or you can keep it down. Some prenatals make my tummy churn and they don't do any good when I throw it up. bleh. lol.

calleiah 06-13-2012 01:54 PM

Nope, prenatals (and most swallowable vitamins) make me hurl :yuck:. And with my first two pregnancies, I DID take them and was severely anemic. With my 3rd, I did not, focused on high iron foods, and was actually NOT anemic, and baby was larger and healthier. So while I am taking some chewable Vit D, and chewable B6/12/Folic Acid, Im not going to worry about trying to choke down horse pill vitamins.

Ainmemphis 06-13-2012 02:01 PM

My doctor always recommended that I take them instead of regular women's multi vitamins just in case I were to get pregnant so I've been taking the walgreens brand as they are usually b1g1 free.

rachaeljohnson 06-13-2012 03:13 PM

i just make sure i am getting enough folic acid, but that's more important pre conception and the first couple weeks i think...and i do take fish oil bc i am still nursing.

The Fancy Pansy 06-13-2012 03:54 PM

Yup, regular ol' prenatals, and I've also been taking a vitamin B complex, which is not specifically for the pregnancy, but because I tend to get deficient (gluten intolerant).