Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   hormone powered rant... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140684)

ferrferr 05-01-2007 10:41 PM

hormone powered rant...

I know that every pregnancy is different, but sweet jeebus this is out of control!! If my prenancy with DD#1 had been like this I would have become a nun just to have a legit excuse to swear off sex!!

I've had leaky breasts since about 3 months along. This week alone I've soaked through 2 normal bras (and the shirts I had on), and both sports bras I have to wear to bed to keep from leaving HUGE puddles on my sheets. I feel like I've been kicked in the crotch mostly from standing at work. Courtesy of work I also have large puffed looking things that are suppose to be my ankles. I also have reflux so bad that I've now been woken up 3 times asperating on it.

The baby also spends a nice chunk of time trying to use my belly button as an escape route. Then as soon as my boyfriend lays his hand on my tummy she falls into an instant trance and doesn't move until his hand is removed. I fail to find any amusement in it most times.

Oh and my face, chest, arms, shoulders, back and even part of my stomach are COVERED in zits. And I mean zits like most teenagers would go to a dermatologist kind of zits. I will NOT be wearing tank tops this summer that is for sure. :(

Is this some sort of payback for a smooth pregnancy last time?!? I have a simple pregnancy, but a husband who was a total ***. This time I have a pregnancy that is about to break my sanity, but a boyfriend who goes out to get me frozen custard in tornado weather. I'll take my custard and shut up any day though really I swear!

Please someone reassure me that I am not the only one who wants to break down and cry over such stupid little things!

texasmegal 05-02-2007 07:13 AM

Re: hormone powered rant...

Ur not alone. I feel like my 1st pregnancy was so much easier. Hang in there mama.

Zan 05-02-2007 07:21 AM

oh mama, :hugs: So far my pregnancies have been different but the opposite, this one has been going pretty smoothly so far. I was hoping that they wouldn't be the same b/c last time whenever someone asked how I was feeling, I'd say, "I hate being pregnant" and 'no one tells you just how awful/hard it can be' LOL! It actually caused some hurt feelings (i found out later) with a friend b/c she felt that I didn't appreciate being pregnant and having a biological child. She struggles with infertilitly and had a LONG 2+yr adoption process.

Anyways, know that there are other mamas out there that have or are experiencing similar things!

kristini2 05-02-2007 07:37 AM

:hugs:

kugrinic 05-02-2007 09:53 AM

Oh no your not alone, actually reading your post made me giggle a bit (sorry) but I feel the same way. With my son I felt so pretty and energetic and fun. This time stick a fork in me, I am a raving B**** and I feel just so ugly its sick.

Hang in there, I know it wont be forever right?

RobynJ 05-02-2007 12:14 PM

:hugs: You are not alone- I am right there with you. I am tired of hurting, and throwing up, and cramping. I don't want to be ungrateful- because I am happy to have a child on the way- but I just want to get this over with.

I will be saying a prayer for ya.

munchkinflame13 05-02-2007 12:32 PM

ITKWYM. With my first DD, the only bad side affect of being pg was I was tired and slept a lot. NO ms, acne, nothing. With this DD, I am waking up screaming with charley horses in my right leg only (:headscratch: ), still having ms off and on at 21 weeks (had it daily up until 1-2pm up until 19.5 weks), pregnancy acne (luckily just on my face) achy and exhausted but I have a 2.5 yo this time around so I can't just sleep when I get home from work. . . ITKWYM and I totally empathise. :hugs: for you and :hugs: for me. . .

ferrferr 05-02-2007 05:18 PM

Yeah.. DD#1 is 2 1/2 as well. I think I've had a whole month of energy this pregnancy. Not a good combo with a demanding toddler who is more than just a ball of energy (demanding, needy, curious, and excells in physical activities). And working full time to boot. I become an offical SAHM in one week though! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by munchkinflame13 (Post 1032658)
ITKWYM. With my first DD, the only bad side affect of being pg was I was tired and slept a lot. NO ms, acne, nothing. With this DD, I am waking up screaming with charley horses in my right leg only (:headscratch: ), still having ms off and on at 21 weeks (had it daily up until 1-2pm up until 19.5 weks), pregnancy acne (luckily just on my face) achy and exhausted but I have a 2.5 yo this time around so I can't just sleep when I get home from work. . . ITKWYM and I totally empathise. :hugs: for you and :hugs: for me. . .

munchkinflame13 05-02-2007 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrferr (Post 1034027)
Yeah.. DD#1 is 2 1/2 as well. I think I've had a whole month of energy this pregnancy. Not a good combo with a demanding toddler who is more than just a ball of energy (demanding, needy, curious, and excells in physical activities). And working full time to boot. I become an offical SAHM in one week though! :D

I KWYM. . . I work full time then go home and scrape for energy to play with dd (although, to my chagrin, I have dozed on the couch a couple days while she exhausted our repitour of Dora on Demand a couple times out of pure exhaustion:blush: ). I will be a SAHM/WAHM after this babe is born if DH can get a better job so we can afford it. As our finances stand now, I can't even afford to take the pay cut that goes with taking maternity leave. DH is trying to get a better job because he knows how much I want to stay home with the kiddos after this one is born, but he hasn't found one yet. . .:pray: :crossfingers:

candicesj 05-02-2007 08:21 PM

You're not alone! Being pregnant is hard darn work... and I haven't had to deal with an actual job like you have since I left it for a few weeks of bedrest and eventually to come back to this country in early pregnancy. I couldn't imagine having to stay standing and moving around for a job! And having another child to take care of.

You sound like you're doing amazing, I hope things get better for you!