Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   "Morning" sickness? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407079)

kaylabelle05 06-14-2012 01:48 PM

"Morning" sickness?

Anyone started?

I thought that I would have 2 more week until it started but I guess bebe has other plans for me. I was really hoping it would wait until I got home next week so we wouldn't have to tell the IL's (just in case) while we were visiting. But I don't think I can hide it much longer. I am already taking Ginger and drinking Ginger Ale. I am about to go get Peppermint oil capsules (and suck on mints and I HATE those).

I just hope it doesn't get as bad as it did with DS where I was bed bound for 2 weeks with no food being cooked in the house, and the nausea was so bad I lost 20 lbs due to not eating.

Anyone have any alternative suggestions? Or what you are doing to combat it?

JennTheMomma 06-14-2012 02:13 PM

Yup, have had it for about 2.5 weeks now

brookglen 06-14-2012 02:17 PM

Re: "Morning" sickness?

I am 6 weeks on the dot today, and it hit me like a sack of bricks. I am trying to eat, but There aren't many things that sound good to me.

Mamma527 06-14-2012 02:28 PM

I'm 6 weeks and 4 days today and I'm in shock that I'm not sick yet. With both my boys I was sick at least once a day and felt horrible the rest of the day. I lost a lot of weight with DS1 and I had to take zofran. With DS2 I was really sick too, but I started zofran a lot sooner.

This time I don't feel great, but I can eat. I am so tired though (which I don't remember being with the boys.

I would talk to your doctor about getting some medicine before you loose too much weight. Oh and I've been eating lots of foods with protein! It seems to help better than Crackers.

Ainmemphis 06-14-2012 03:23 PM

I started feeling a little sickness as soon as I hit 6 weeks, it hasn't been as strong as with DS so maybe girl this time?! I get a bout in the morning around breakfast time but I've been forcing myself to eat and so far the nausea has subsided shortly after.

allinmyhead 06-14-2012 04:03 PM

Mine has been here for about a week and a half. I haven't thrown up yet, but I'm nauseous all day long. Eating doesn't seem to help either.

lisha622 06-14-2012 04:34 PM

It's here but just in the slight beginning stage... I feel a little sick in the morning (no throwing up), smells are becoming a little stronger, I'm eating slower, and I'm becoming pickier about foods. Last time it came from weeks 8-12 and was at it's worst during week 10 where I barely ate a thing other than fruit.

brookglen 06-14-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisha622 (Post 15250975)
It's here but just in the slight beginning stage... I feel a little sick in the morning (no throwing up), smells are becoming a little stronger, I'm eating slower, and I'm becoming pickier about foods. Last time it came from weeks 8-12 and was at it's worst during week 10 where I barely ate a thing other than fruit.

Gah, weeks 8-12 were the pits!

I can not believe I actively sought out to do this again! Ha, it's amazing what the mind is capable of forgetting.

allinmyhead 06-14-2012 06:51 PM

I made DH go get me a tub of cool whip to stick in the freezer. Why? Because it's one of the only things that actually sounds good.

brookglen 06-14-2012 08:26 PM

Cool whip sounds really good right now.

In one day my ms went from zero to sixty. I feel like I want to burry myself in my bed.