Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   Dr. Appt (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407104)

Mamma527 06-14-2012 02:31 PM

Dr. Appt

Anyone have an appt yet? I wanted to wait until i would be able to hear or see the heartbeat, but I need to know if my midwife does home births in case I need to shop around for a different midwife.

So has anyone seen the heartbeat yet?

brookglen 06-14-2012 02:51 PM

Re: Dr. Appt

I'm headed in today. I was going to wait, but I had some spotting so they want me to do an ultra sound to check viability.

DMichelleV 06-14-2012 02:56 PM

I have already had my first appt and am scheduled for an ultrasound next week and hope to see a little heartbeat then

Ainmemphis 06-14-2012 03:22 PM

Have my first apt tomorrow. Not sure when I will get ultrasound, with last baby I got one right away but that was because I was unsure of how far along I was, this time I am fearing they are going to make me wait!

JennTheMomma 06-14-2012 04:04 PM

My MW is coming over next week, but not really a prenatal appointment, more like a consultation so she has all her records caught up and all that good stuff. We won't look for the heartbeat until I'm in my 2nd trimester since she uses a fetoscope instead of a doppler.

lisha622 06-14-2012 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brookglen (Post 15250423)
I'm headed in today. I was going to wait, but I had some spotting so they want me to do an ultra sound to check viability.

Hope your appointment goes well!! Let us know. Little heartbeats are so special. I had one with DD because of spotting too (and while I loved it, I'm hoping to avoid one this time because insurance won't cover it and those things are too darn expensive!)

My first appointment is scheduled for July 16. Hoping by then to hear a heartbeat since I will be 11 weeks. It feels like forever away, but I am being patient so far.

brookglen 06-14-2012 05:54 PM

So no ultrasound today. They thought it might be a but early to see anything. I did get my blood work back, my hcg is nice and high and my progesterone is so low she thought it might be a lab error so they took some more blood and put me on progesterone suppositories which is just an oh so pleasant experience.

allinmyhead 06-14-2012 06:50 PM

I have one tomorrow. I already had an annual exam scheduled at the birth center and I really didn't think I would get pregnant this fast :) So I just called and made my annual a prenatal. DH is going with me and we'll get to tour the center too.

calleiah 06-14-2012 07:34 PM

I had one scheduled for Monday, but fortunately the doc prescribed me some Zofran and we bumped it back a few weeks so we can do a dating ultrasound. It's ok with me. Just hoping DH can go with me, pretty sure he's never been to a doc appt with me.

rachaeljohnson 06-15-2012 04:48 AM

brooklen-ugh, i did endometrin until 14 weeks with michael...yucko...my advice...cloth liners. Hugs! I hope it does the trick or even better that it was a typo!

AFM-i am with allinmyhead...i am calling today bc i have an annual at the end of hte month i need to make a prenatal.