Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Formula Feeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=101)
-   -   Rant (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407244)

lilmomma83 06-14-2012 08:34 PM

Rant

I just wish there was generic hypoallergenic formula. That is all.

mibarra 06-14-2012 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilmomma83
I just wish there was generic hypoallergenic formula. That is all.

Ooohhh, that'd be nice!

wendow 06-16-2012 11:17 PM

Re: Rant

I hear you, mama. It is worth the cost but the cost is so high!

JeDeeLenae 06-17-2012 12:53 AM

The grocery store near me had some marked off 50%. I bought Similac Sensitive for $4.45/can!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using DS Forum

luvsviola 06-17-2012 03:41 PM

Me too! Thankfully DS is on Elecare now and insurance covers it.

blueone 06-17-2012 07:12 PM

I hear you. We have WIC but still have to buy one or 2 cans a month. But it's worth it in the end, she does so good on Nutramigen.

lilmomma83 06-17-2012 09:05 PM

Yeah it is worth it definitly...but still makes me cringe when I see it pop up on the register lol. I've thought of getting it through WIC, but, I never told them I'm not exclusively breastfeeding and I want to keep getting the veggies etc...though to be honest I have not actually done the numbers....we'd probably save more if we switched to FF...We are like 1/3 FF right now, but, we have to mix it to 24cal/oz and I expect after our next GI appointment he may bump u to 26cal/oz, then even if I pump I have to mix it with my breastmilk...so not quite as bad as if we were exclusively FF, but, still pretty bad....and OF COURSE, I never get Enfamil checks :-/

wendow 06-17-2012 10:20 PM

My ds was on Alimentum RTF which is more expensive than even the powder. We used to spend $5-$10 a day on his formula depending on what coupons I had. He drank a quart a day. I wonder if you wouldn't be better off changing to ff'ing with WIC to get the formula rather than the veggies. We've not had WIC so not sure how all that works though.

blueone 06-18-2012 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wendow (Post 15266079)
My ds was on Alimentum RTF which is more expensive than even the powder. We used to spend $5-$10 a day on his formula depending on what coupons I had. He drank a quart a day. I wonder if you wouldn't be better off changing to ff'ing with WIC to get the formula rather than the veggies. We've not had WIC so not sure how all that works though.

They don't cover the liquid form, only powder. They also only cover Enfamil brand. Although that's a more recent thing. I've also heard that in CA if your insurance refuses to pay for a subscription for a hypoallergenic formula that WIC will cover it if you show the denial, but again it's only Nutramigen in powder or the liquid concentrate. They do cover elemental formulas though and Alimentum powder. I would have stuck with Alimentum, but was told that they only covered Enfamil brands recently so I don't know if they still cover that.

wendow 06-18-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueone (Post 15266337)
They don't cover the liquid form, only powder. They also only cover Enfamil brand. Although that's a more recent thing. I've also heard that in CA if your insurance refuses to pay for a subscription for a hypoallergenic formula that WIC will cover it if you show the denial, but again it's only Nutramigen in powder or the liquid concentrate. They do cover elemental formulas though and Alimentum powder. I would have stuck with Alimentum, but was told that they only covered Enfamil brands recently so I don't know if they still cover that.

I don't remember from previous discussions what the OP's baby ended up on but it sounds like if it's powder Nutramigen, then it might be worth looking at whether it'd be less money to change from bf'ing to ff'ing with them.

That is too bad that they don't cover the RTF Alimentum since that works so well for so many babies due to being corn free.