Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Struggles & Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Small infertility vent (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407920)

Kenshin 06-16-2012 04:40 PM

Small infertility vent

I just need to accept that this year will not be the year we get to celebrate Father's Day for the first time. Just like Mother's Day was really hard, this is not the year for us. :(

Vent over, but I might wallow in self pity a little longer.

emlee 06-16-2012 05:06 PM

Re: Small infertility vent

I just wanted to send you some hugs. Infertility hurts. We tried for six months on our own, then consulted an RE and that started the Follistim + IUI cycles x 5 with no result ... 18 months later, nothing and I would seriously spend a week every month in bed just bawling. I felt so betrayed by my body and such a failure. I will never forget how much infertility has affected my life. I'm sorry that you are hurting. I do hope the day passes quickly for you both and that there will be no reason for sadness by next year's holidays.

Kenshin 06-16-2012 05:18 PM

Thank you so much, emlee. Your story sounds so tough. I am so happy to hear that your story will have a happy ending. :)

ChihuahuaMama13 06-16-2012 05:25 PM

:hugs:

slimy72 06-16-2012 05:46 PM

Hugs, I've been there and it hurts.

Kenshin 06-16-2012 06:02 PM

Thanks everyone. It just seems like everyone is getting their BFPs except for me - although I'm sure it always feels like that when you're trying without success. IRL, I have a few friends that DO NOT need to be parents right now getting pregnant, some for their second, third, or even further child. I have one friend who I am ecstatic for because she has had several losses and is in a stable relationship, but others I just resent them (like I said, they are not responsible people in the least). :( It's so hard to not be jealous of others.

myblessedbaby 06-16-2012 06:55 PM

Holidays are tough when dealing with IF. Mother's day always sucked. :hugs: mama. Many of us were where you are now and went on to successfully conceived eventually. Just do something for the two of you tomorrow or ignore the day all together. Sorry you are struggling.

Kenshin 06-16-2012 09:24 PM

Thanks, mama! It's hard because both of us are sick (stomach flu) and there is really nothing to do except to sit around and think about it. I guess I can just be thankful I don't have the stomach flu while pregnant or caring for a child. :/

Kenshin 06-17-2012 04:47 AM

We are feeling a bit better now (DH had it worse). Would it be a terrible idea to go to the nearby zoo? I don't think there will be father's day events (website didn't mention any), but I don't know how many families go out on Father's Day. DH thinks there would be a lot, I thought most families stayed home...

Wanderlust 06-17-2012 05:48 AM

I'm sorry- it does suck. I remember just bawling on Mother's/Father's Day because it felt like the world was rubbing my infertility in my face :( I hope this is the last set of these holidays you spend without a sweet little one :hugs: