Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Oct (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Nursery Chat thread (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1407922)

MomdeIsla 06-16-2012 04:52 PM

Nursery Chat thread

I'm just wondering if everyone is doing a nursery before the baby is born? Feel free to post a pic if it's ready for one.

Since this is my third....the new LO won't have the nursery set up until we can play musical furniture....we are getting a master bed set for Christmas, DD will get the set we are sleeping on (mine from my childhood :giggle:), and then her convertible crib and dresser will be the baby's. I'm reusing all DD bedding (it's pink and green)....so I'm not really doing a new nursery theme this time except I may paint a canvas for her in matching colors....we will do some new bedding when she turns 3 or 4 that she can pick out herself.

Our babies tend to sleep in our room until 5-6 mos or so anyway (so the babies room tends to be a storage area for baby stuff)....I can't cosleep everynight ....I'm too light a sleeper...and DH is too deep a sleeper to be trusted so we use a bassinet or swing (whatever works) :mrgreen:

MKB 06-16-2012 05:02 PM

Re: Nursery Chat thread

I'll be starting the baby's room next month. Currently, our boys have their own rooms, but we're going to move them in together and this new little girl will get her own room. Our little ones always sleep in our room for a long time, but I really like having their bedroom set up before they're born with all their stuff, clothes, diapers, toys, etc. Also, I know once she's born and time goes on, things will be hectic and I'll be in no mood to paint and set up her room once she's here! I'm really excited about setting up her room.. I have the whole thing mapped out and designed in my head.:giggle2:

Sweetbabybows 06-21-2012 12:33 AM

I made the mistake of not decorating the room before baby last time and she just turned a year old and still has a plain room :( Since this babe is another girl she will be sharing with DD2. I know what I'm going to do but haven't really started yet. I'm doing cheetah and pink, and I'm pretty much planning to make everything. The crib and dresser are already dark brown so that works. Right now I'm planning doing their names with the wooden letters and decoupage, curtains, changing pad cover, baskets to hold everything on changing table (which is the top of the dresser) I'm not going to make a whole crib bedding set but maybe a skirt and a blanket....we already have a few pink sheets. That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure that I will be adding more as I finish parts of it.

I'll add pics once its all done and I can't wait to see everyones rooms!

GooseBella 06-21-2012 09:02 AM

DD didn't have her "nursery" decorated until after her first birthday. This time I plan on doing a nursery ahead of time. We are using some of the same stuff but the new baby will be getting a new crib set (sheet, blanket, dust ruffle). We will also probably buy/make a few new decorations for the new baby.

sillyutalktome 06-21-2012 10:59 AM

Dh's friend is staying in the room that will be the nursery. If he leaves before I hit 32 weeks I'll do the nursery before hand, if not it'll be up to dh and when baby comes (dd was a preemie).

I am upcycling a bed skirt that has a pirate theme into a crib skirt, doing a red crib sheet, baby has a white Ikea crib. I actually need some advice on how to make the crib skirt longer, but not girly, hopefully I can find where I stashed it so I can take a picture and get some advice.

I bought a red,black,white Alphabet canvas on clearance at Target so I think I'm going to do all the subtle pirate things in red,black,white.

This is the paint color but we're doing the no VOC paint - http://www.homedepot.com/buy/paint/p...0a2-58655.html. The painting also depends on where dh is at in the application process for a new job. It probably won't happen, lol.

Keme 06-21-2012 02:41 PM

The baby will be sharing a room with our son, and I've been working on it slowly. I like doing nursery stuff that can grow with them since we can't afford to change stuff every couple years, so the whole room is kinda an animal theme with reds/torquises/light yellows.

So far we've set up the crib, and I painted Jaime's book-shelf to be a changing table. Also got little cloth baskets for the changing table, but those are so far full of baby clothes that need to be sorted, hehe. Re-arranged DS's closet to make room for a hanging clothes thingy for baby's clothes, and put his long bookshelf vertically to make some more space for a glider I want to move in there in a month or so.

Hmmm, what else? Oh! I busted out my drill the other night and hung up two shelves, one has Jaime's ultrasound and newborn pic, a trinket from his baby shower, a prayer candle that DP got for me while I was pregnant with him, and framed pic of him with his grandma. Beatriz's shelf so far just has her ultrasound pic, her prayer candle from DP, and a little music box that I had as a child :) Oh! And DS decided he wanted to take down his "baby" wall-hanging (just a felt animal hanging I made for his crib) and put up a bright farm animal quilt "for my sister" (in his words) instead <3 <3 <3 So we did that next to the changing table.

This week I'm working on embroidery to go above the crib, as well as a bumble bee and butterfly felt mobile. And I just finished her quilt as well. My goal was to buy nothing new for the nursery, and make as much as possible. So far so good, just need to make a few fitted sheets and we'll be done :)

woah, sorry for the novel! I LOVE decorating rooms, seriously!

dannic 06-21-2012 03:42 PM

We don't really do a nursery since baby stays in our room. We did kick our toddler ds out a few months ago, so his stuff got moved in with his big bro's stuff and I've been moving baby stuff in (really just dipes and clothes...we got rid of the crib 2 or 3 kiddos ago, lol. It just became a drop off point and looked cluttered.) If we ever build, I'll get one for the down stairs so I don't have to worry about baby being all alone upstairs.
I think nurseries are so cute, though! And I love the themes that can grow with baby.

Deanie 06-22-2012 03:02 PM

DD didn't have her room completed until she was about 1 1/2. We got married, moved into our house and got pregnant all in 3 weeks. We didn't have ANY money so we had to wait until we had the money to repaint and do the floors. It is gender neutral, but I'm sure some will say it's boyish b/c it's blue w/ red accent and black trim.

DD is going to move into what is now the playroom that has purple walls and curtains w/ animals on it. We have yet to put anything on the walls. Again, I don't have a lot of money to spend, and quite frankly, I am very specific about what I want, and I am always on the look out at yard sales and thrift stores, but only find really ugly stuff. So, maybe in the next year I'll have enough to spend on putting something on the walls.

boekesec 06-25-2012 12:03 PM

Our nursery is pretty much done and will stay the same for this baby - sage green walls with ivory colored birch tree silhouettes on one wall. Then all green/ivory/brown sheets, etc, and some framed block prints of baby woodland animals. It's super cute and the only thing I'm doing different for this baby is buying a changing pad (didn't use one with DD) and a crib skirt. DD is moving into our spare room, which is currently in the process of being totally renovated, so that's where all our decorating will happen! Hers is going to be light gray with white trim, then with brightly colored pink accents in the sheets, pillows, decorations, etc.

sillyutalktome 06-25-2012 05:59 PM

Oh Eileen I can't wait for pictures of both rooms! Sounds so nice!