Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Work out of Home Moms (WOHM) (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=168)
-   -   Whats your laundry routine?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408701)

Holly dolly 06-18-2012 07:54 PM

Whats your laundry routine??

I work 4 days a week...Fridays are off but usually get filled with errands and other household chores. My laundry is falling behind. Big time.

I get it washed and dried...but then it sits in the basket and it gets wrinkly...either that or I fold it and we live out of baskets.

I need a plan that works!! What do you all do??

MariaLA 06-18-2012 09:25 PM

Re: Whats your laundry routine??

Haha. Diapers every other day, pretty much without fail.

Household laundry, well, we have a lot of clothes and towels. Each kid has a laundry basket in their room, and when it's full, that's a load, and it gets washed and dried and put away. The adult stuff piles up for a while, usually until there are three loads, and I wash and dry those in quick succession. Then they get folded sometime in the following week. Sigh.

Not actually a routine at all!

Holly dolly 06-18-2012 10:00 PM

Yeah my diapers get washed regularly...but lately not stuffed or put away until I'm out. Thanks for making me feel normal. I'm just sick of no routine.

Nerissa 06-19-2012 08:04 AM

Ummm well, I currently have 3 baskets of luandry sitting in the living room waiting to be folded. They have been there for 3 days. I was sick on Sunday and we were busy most of the day Saturday. I work 5 days a week 6:30-2:30, get home at 4pm after picking up the boys. I am home with just them till bedtime and DH gets home at 9:30/10:00pm. I am just happy the laundry is clean.

I try to get everything folded/put away on Saturday or Sunday.

DottieHarley 06-19-2012 10:07 AM

Umm, wait til it piles up and overwhelms the house? lol
I am lucky that DH has off one weekday/week, so usually that day, plus Saturday are "laundry days." Loads go in asap and get moved along whenever we're around to do it. Clean laundry piles up everywhere.
Then DH and I fold and watch tv in the evenings. We have a TV in the bedroom which we recently got cable for again (it was totally useless w/o, couldn't even get local channels w/o cable box) simply bc we realized we weren't folding laundry without it!
Our stuff is minimal folding - most things get hung up or shoved in a drawer. Lots of piles, no sock matching :-o DD's stuff gets sorted and put in a bin, then we throw it all into her closet/drawers when she's awake and playing.
Diapers are 2/week and I sort/stuff the following evening (works out that DH is not there on those nights) - usually with a crappy DVR'ed show and a glass of wine!
And let's be honest... sometimes that clean laundry really does sit in a basket for a week. Oh well.

xraymom23 06-19-2012 11:50 AM

With 4 kids and 2 under 2, we have a lot of laundry!! Diapers get done every other day. Then a load goes in the washer in the evening, dryer in the morning, taken out of the dryer the next evening and folded as they come out. The older kids and my husband, I put the clothes on the bed, so they have to put them away before getting in. The 2 younger kids I put away right away.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

rkw 06-20-2012 07:32 AM

There are only three of us in our household but laundry does pile up at times. I do diaper laundry every 2-3 days depending on my schedule. I do one load a day at least and then hang it on the lines in the basement. I dry sheets, towels, and diaper laundry in the dryer everything else is on the line or drying rack. After all of the lines are full after a few days, then I fold everything and take it upstairs. It can sit folded in the basket sometimes until the weekend. Now that I am off for the summer I am keeping up with it better. Living out of baskets is ok, at least it is clean. Could you fold it as you take it out of the dryer or off the line? Can anyone else help folding and putting away? I put my clothes and my son's clothes away but my husband puts his own away. One thing that does help me stay on track is flylady, but I do not do everything exactly the way she does but it helps.

keonli 06-20-2012 10:57 AM

I have the same issue nowadays. I've begun asking DH to help out with putting away the clothes so I can get everything else done around the house. If his schedule is too hectic as well, we will set aside a weekend to put away everything.

You should see the growing pile we have in our spare room right now....ugh!

keonli 06-20-2012 10:57 AM

I have the same issue nowadays. I've begun asking DH to help out with putting away the clothes so I can get everything else done around the house. If his schedule is too hectic as well, we will set aside a weekend to put away everything.

You should see the growing pile we have in our spare room right now....ugh!

nothingtosee 06-20-2012 11:42 AM

When we run out of clothes, we go to the laundromat. :giggle: Sometimes I get behind and just do the bathtub or sink wash. We normally just do the wash at the laundromat, then bring it home to hang dry, and I cut time and space with that by hanging the tshirts on the hangers, then putting the hangers on the line. If I'm drying at the laundromat then I take the hangars along, that way when I'm home and feeling lazy all that needs to be done is putting them in closets.