Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Due In Feb (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=151)
-   -   So I joined the DUE DATE list before even telling DH! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1408880)

quinnNjesse 06-19-2012 09:16 AM

So I joined the DUE DATE list before even telling DH!

HA!

Although we'd been trying actively since Feb, I didn't think I'd actually BE pregnant this month. I'd tested early every other month and it's so disapointing to get that BFN, so I decided this month since I had JUST started taking my BBT I was NOT going to test early. If my temp dropped, I'd know my period was coming. Besides I'm really regular so I had a ball park range anyways.

I'd convinced myself that this was not our month because according to my ovulation predictor test I'd o'd on CD12 or 13 which is early for me. My best friend looked at my tests and thought they weren't as dark as her's had been so she didn't think I o'd then. After testing for a few more days it became obvious that that was the day but Ryan had gone away on CD 13-15 so I thought there is NO WAY we could have been lucky enough to catch the egg b4 he left.

Also my chart wasn't triphasic and until Sunday I though it had to be to be PG. I felt like I was "waiting out my period". I was at work and while I was on my lunch I googled "not triphasic pregnant" and discovered that you could be pregnant and NOT being triphasic which I admit at age 39 I did not know! Still I didn't let myself hope. I was sure my period would come monday.

Still, Monday was day 18 since ovulation so I decided to test on yesterday am and rule it out. I was still thinking my ovulation date was probably off. If I o'd later than I thought, then it wasn't day 18 but earlier which would explain why I'd not gotten my period, ya know?

Anyways....I took my temp yesterday am, expecting it to have dropped but it had gotten higher. So I took a pg test and could see the pg line before it was even "done". Nice and dark.

Shaking, I texted my two best friends "ohmygod ohmygod". One of them texted back right away... "are you pregnant?". :lostit: That goes to show how well we know each other!!! LOL

Anyways I didn't tell DH last night because he was functioning on only 3 hours sleep so I thought I'd put it off until today. I wonder how he is going to react!!!

You see my other two are from my ex-h. With my current DH we had discussed having children for 5 years but had pretty much decided against it. He is 10 years younger than me and honestly I think he'd not grown up yet. But I think all of his friends are having kids now and I think he is seeing how great it is. His best friend/bf wife came over on new years day with their baby and Ryan held her. He always holds babies but this was different. I "saw" it in him. When they left we had a big talk and he decided that he did indeed want to have a baby. So with him enthusiastically on board, I changed my life path (thought I'd only have two) and got my (non hormone) IUD out in late Jan!

So how am I telling him?

I had a newborn grovia owl diaper on hand for just this day. I taped the pregnancy test (and the case it came in so it's clear it's a PG test not an ovulation prediction kit) to the cardboard display and wrapped it up. I'm giving my DS his bday presents and cake (he turns 10 saturday) today and I'm going to tell Ryan that I found a present for him in my present stash while I was wrapping Quinn's. He will be very confused, I know....until he opens it.

rachaeljohnson 06-19-2012 10:06 AM

Re: So I joined the DUE DATE list before even telling DH!

wahoo...waht a great suprise!

jackobeano 06-19-2012 10:12 AM

Congratulations and have fun telling DH! :)

lisha622 06-19-2012 12:48 PM

Congrats mama!

quinnNjesse 06-19-2012 03:24 PM

Thanks guys!

MommyToTwoPrinces 06-19-2012 03:26 PM

Woooooo! Congratulations!!

mommmy 06-19-2012 03:40 PM

congrats cute idea !:thumbsup:

laila 06-19-2012 06:48 PM

So exciting!

quinnNjesse 06-20-2012 01:12 AM

So to update; telling DH went well, except that he'd never seen a pg test before so he had no idea what the 2 lines meant! (silly! I mean would I give him a negative pg test taped to a newborn diaper? Lol).

He looked at me kinda confused and asked what it meant. I explained that I was pregnant. He looked a bit dazed but happy and kissed me.