Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   If you could name your kids again, would you name them the same? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1409072)

ladeeda 06-19-2012 04:35 PM

If you could name your kids again, would you name them the same?

Just randomly thinking of this

I have a Madeline and Cody. Only thing I don't like is Madeline is often called Maddie and I hate that! But still love the full version and Cody.

MommyToTwoPrinces 06-19-2012 04:37 PM

Re: If you could name your kids again, would you name them the same?

Yes :)

boysniris 06-19-2012 04:37 PM

I would!

I just wish there was a way to get people to stop calling Dominic "Dom-i-neek"

sojomisa 06-19-2012 04:37 PM

Absolutely! I love their names.

doodah 06-19-2012 04:44 PM

yes but i still had a lot of doubts MONTHS after my second was born and some weeks after my third was born.

mommmy 06-19-2012 04:49 PM

Yup I love their names! But I'm not a fan of how common Ava is.

Sometimes though I think about if we could have done an E theme since I'm Emily and my hubby is Eric. Then maybe I would have had Evangeline/Ella/Elizabeth/Erin/Emma as DD and Evan, Ethan, and Emerson as DS1-3. But good thing I didn't because I'd be soon out of E boy names if I were to have any more sons!

eahcapemay 06-19-2012 04:51 PM

Nope. I love his first name but I hate his middle names. I wish I had stuck to my guns and not compromised by giving him such douche middle names. I really really hope he drops them as an adult. I swear, I don't care if future baby stays unnamed for a year (DS was unnamed for 4 months) I am not compromising.

jac1976 06-19-2012 04:51 PM

If I could do it again, I would give DD the middle name Eleanor. In DH's family (on his mother's side) the women all had Eleanor in their names. We talked briefly about using it for DD, but I ultimately decided that DH's older (and only) sister should be able to use it if she wanted to since she is the female in the family. She would have been VERY VERY angry if we had used it (doesn't feel like names should be shared and was already upset that her SIL 'took' her FIL's name, b/c she felt like her DH should have been able to use it as the son in the family.) So we went with another name instead- actually 2 other names, one for each grandma. I guess I should mention that MIL was literally on her deathbed as I gave birth, so it all made everything more emotionally driven. Here we are almost 5 years later, and DH's sister has had only boys and says she is done having kids. So DD is the only girl in that family who could have carried on the tradition. But one of her middle names does give her a tie to my MIL which makes me feel a bit better.

hilaryisinked 06-19-2012 04:56 PM

Definitely :)

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

MDever 06-19-2012 04:58 PM

Yep, wouldn't change a thing:)